Ms Fotini Kardiopoulis > Dr. Helen G. Papaconstantinou and Partners > Athens, Greece > Lawyer Profile
Dr. Helen G. Papaconstantinou and Partners Offices
2, COUMBARI STREET
106 74 ATHENS
- Go to...
Ms Fotini Kardiopoulis
Trademarks, Anti-Piracy / Anti-Counterfeiting, Contract Drafting, Franchising and other Agreements, Copyright, Domain names/Alternative Dispute Resolution, Plant Breeder’s Rights
Fotini Kardiopoulis, partner and co-founder of the firm, heads the anti-counterfeiting and anti-piracy department and the Plant Breeder’s Rights Departments. Since 1998 Fotini has been dealing with a broad range of IP matters with an emphasis on trademarks, plant breeder’s rights, contract drafting and reviewing and alternative dispute resolution. She has extensive experience in IP litigation, devising and implementing anti-counterfeiting programs, filing and administering customs actions, monitoring and enforcing IP rights online and advising on domain name disputes, consulting on license & franchise agreements and copyright issues. She has further conducted a significant number of seizures/raids, including preparatory investigations concerning various sectors, such as apparel, electric/electronic goods, toys, watchmaking and tobacco/cigarettes, often involving, in addition to customs procedures, civil and criminal action.
Ms. Kardiopoulis has been admitted to practice before the Supreme Court and the Council of State.
She is one of the very few attorneys specializing in plant varieties in Greece and, up to now, the only Greek lawyer being a member of CIOPORA. In this context, she has given two presentations as an invited speaker at the CIOPORA Academy Workshop, which took place in Madrid in October 2008.
Ms. Kardiopoulis regularly publishes articles in the fields of her expertise. Recent contributions include:
- WTR Yearbook 2020/2021: A global guide for practitioners, a supplement to World Trademark Review – April 2020 (co-author)
- Business Brief: Greece, WIPR Annual 2020 (co-author)
- 3rd Edition Intellectual Property Country Comparative Guide, The Legal 500 & The In-House Lawyer – June 2019 (co-author)
- Business Brief: Greece, WIPR Annual 2019 (co-author)
- GREEK LAW DIGEST – The Official Guide to Greek Law, Trademark, Nomiki Bibliothiki – February 2019 (co-author)
- WTR Yearbook 2019/2020: A global guide for practitioners, a supplement to World Trademark Review – January 2019 (co-author)
Previous employments included:
- General law practice with emphasis on Criminal, Commercial and IP Law (1985-1998)
- Lecturer at the Police Academy (1986-1996)
Greek, English, French
Member of The International Community of Breeders of Asexually Reproduced Ornamental and Fruit Varieties (CIOPORA)
Member of The Association of European Trade Mark Owners (MARQUES)
Member of International Trademark Association (INTA)
Athens Bar Association, as from 1985
University of London, London School of Economics and Political Science, LL.M
University of Athens, Law School, Law Degree (LL.B) (first-class honours)
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
|Greece: Intellectual Property||June 2022||This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Intellectual Property laws and regulations that may occur in Greece.|