Andy Moseby > Deloitte Legal > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Deloitte Legal Offices
2 New Street Square
- Go to...
Corporate Law Partner
Andy advises UK and multi-national companies on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, including corporate restructurings and strategic alliances. He works with both capital providers in respect of their investment portfolios and with entrepreneurial companies on all stages of the funding cycle (including seed capital, development funding and exits). In addition, Andy has broad experience assisting clients on general corporate matters including company restructuring, shareholders’ arrangements and Companies Act compliance.
Previously at Olswang, Andy has over two decade’s experience in advising technology and digital media clients. Andy was a partner at Kemp Little from 2007 and joined Deloitte Legal as a partner in 2021. Clients say he ‘combines great intelligence with a good understanding of the law’.
Deloitte Legal‘s TMT practice has continued to develop after its 2021 acquisition of Kemp Little, with new telecoms, data protection, and cybersecurity lead Cavan Fabris arriving from EY Law in February 2022. Alongside a developing role as a long-term strategic adviser to major technology clients, mid-market M&A remains a core strength of the team, with Andy Moseby a key contact in this area. Calum Murray heads up the overall TMT industry offering, and is especially well regarded for his work providing strategic support to both established digital players and clients newly expanding their digital offerings. Other significant lawyers include Andrew Joint and Paul Hinton, while Paul O’Hare spearheads the firm’s outsourcing offering.
A broad offering across media and entertainment, delivered from a tech-heavy angle defines the practice at Deloitte Legal which serves a diverse client base including Thomson Reuters, DAZN, and Sky. The team was significantly boosted by the acquisition of Kemp Little in early 2021; on the corporate side, co-head Andy Moseby takes the lead, he is a specialist in advising media companies on exits. Co-head Calum Murray advises on commercial and regulatory matters, particularly focusing on the internet and clients operating a digital business. The leadership trio is completed by Paul Garland, who leads the team on IP-centric work. Another specialist in issues arising from IP and the internet is Joanna Conway who is particularly noteworthy for her expertise in digital content risk and online harm. Associate Emily Nuttall-Wood comes recommended for her work on the intersection of IP rights and advertising.
Deloitte Legal’s corporate law team harnesses the Big Four firm’s wider capabilities to combine legal, tax, financial, consulting and corporate finance advisory services to deliver a single solution to clients, covering all parts of the M&A lifecycle. In February 2021, the team expanded significantly as a result of its acquisition of Kemp Little LLP. Team head Charles Claisse has extensive experience in M&A for the digital economy. Andy Moseby has a particular focus on the digital media and gaming sectors, while Glafkos Tombolis has knowledge of the healthtech and TMT sectors.
|United Kingdom: Fintech||November 2021||This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Fintech laws and regulations that may occur in United Kingdom.|
- M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m - London > Corporate and commercial
- Media and entertainment (including media finance) - London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- TMT - London > Industry focus
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Employment > Immigration
- Corporate and commercial > International business reorganisations
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Employment > Employee share schemes
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Industry focus > TMT
- Transport > Travel
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Gaming and betting
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Employment > Employers
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)