Farina Azam > Deloitte Legal > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Deloitte Legal Offices
2 New Street Square
- Go to...
Commercial & Technology Law
Commercial & Technology Partner – travel, hospitality and leisure lead
- Travel Regulatory Advice
- Overseas supplier contracts
- Retail agency agreements
- Online Booking platforms
- Consumer Terms & Conditions
- Agency vs principal business models
- Consumer law and regulations
Farina was admitted as a solicitor on 02/04/12.
Farina leads the travel, hospitality and leisure legal advisory practice within Deloitte Legal. She is a travel law expert specialising in regulatory advice and commercial contracts for the travel industry. With over 11 years’ of travel law experience, Farina has an in-depth understanding of the legal issues affecting the travel industry.
She is experienced in drafting and advising on consumer terms and conditions, overseas supplier contracts and retail agency agreements, as well as advising on the regulatory framework for selling travel arrangements in the UK, including flights, package holidays, accommodation and linked travel arrangements. She is very experienced in advising on the regulatory framework for selling travel arrangements in the UK, including flights, package holidays, accommodation and linked travel arrangements, as well as drafting consumer terms and conditions, overseas supplier contracts and retail agency agreements.
Farina advises many travel businesses both within the UK and overseas, and is considered by many in the travel industry as a trusted legal advisor. She has acted for a range of companies, including online travel agents, tour operators, airlines and hotels giving regulatory and commercial law advice.
- Legal Practice Course – Distinction (BPP Law School)
- Law LLB – 2:1 (Leeds Metropolitan University)
With a particular focus on the growing impact of technology in the travel industry, Deloitte Legal specialises in regulatory advice and commercial contracts for tour operators, travel agents, hotels and festival companies. Most recently, the team has advised numerous high profile domestic and international clients on navigating the challenges of Brexit and COVID-19. Leading the team with 12 years’ travel law experience, Farina Azam focuses on ATOL and package travel regulations, while Luke Golding’s strengths in contracts are a notable asset to the team.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Employment > Immigration
- Corporate and commercial > International business reorganisations
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Employment > Employee share schemes
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Industry focus > TMT
- Transport > Travel
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Gaming and betting
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Employment > Employers
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)