Ms Margret Knitter, LL.M. (University of Edinburgh) > SKW Schwarz > Munich, Germany > Lawyer Profile
SKW Schwarz Offices
- Go to...
Ms Margret Knitter, LL.M. (University of Edinburgh)
Automotive & Mobility, Intellectual Property, Competition and advertising, Product Regulation, Trademarks, Designs & Domains, Life Sciences & Health, Medical Cannabis, Media & Entertainment
Margret Knitter advises her clients in all matters of intellectual property and competition law. This includes not only strategic advice, but also legal disputes. Her practice focuses on the development and defense of trademark and design portfolios, border seizure proceedings and advice on developing marketing campaigns. She advises on labelling obligations, packaging design, marketing strategies and regulatory questions, in particular for cosmetics, detergents, toys, foodstuffs and Cannabis. She represents her clients vis-à-vis authorities, courts and the public prosecutor’s office.
In the field of media and entertainment, she mainly advises on questions of advertising law, in particular product placement, branded entertainment and influencer marketing. She is a member of the board of the Branded Content Marketing Association (BCMA) for the DACH region and Co-Chair of the European INTA Bulletins Committee.
Margret Knitter is member of the International Trademark Association (INTA), INTA Bulletins Committee, Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group (PTMG) and she is a member of the board of the Branded Content Marketing Association (BCMA) for the DACH region.
- Studied law in Regensburg, Passau, Edinburgh
- Traineeship in Munich and New York
- Postgraduate studies at the University of Edinburgh (Great Britain)
- 1998 – 2012 Lawyer and partner in a Patent & IP boutique law firm in Munich
- Since 2012 with SKW Schwarz
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Information technology > Data protection
- Information technology > Information technology and digitalisation
- Information technology > IT transactions and outsourcing
- Intellectual property > Unfair competition
- Media > Press and publishing
- Intellectual property > Trade marks
- Trade and distribution > Foreign trade law
- Trade and distribution > Trade, distribution and logistics
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Public sector > Public procurement
- Private clients and non-profits