Mr Nicolas Résimont > Stibbe > Brussels, Belgium > Lawyer Profile
LOKSUMSTRAAT 25/ RUE DE LOXUM 25
- Go to...
Mr Nicolas Résimont
Litigation and Dispute resolution
Nicolas Résimont specialises in domestic and cross-border litigation as well as national and international arbitration, acting as both counsel and arbitrator.
Nicolas has extensive experience in commercial, contractual, and construction project disputes. He is proficient in litigation in the banking and energy sectors, and handles complex matters regarding conflict of laws and private and public international law. Nicolas has also developed a broad practice in dealing with procedural and (transnational) jurisdiction issues. Moreover, he has significant expertise in crisis management and pre-litigation issues (a.o. in project performance) and regularly advises clients (such as large multinationals, governments, and banks) on their most strategic and sensible matters.
French, English, Dutch
- Member of Cepani40 (the Belgian Centre for Arbitration and Mediation)
- Graduated in Law from the Université libre de Bruxelles (2001)
- Graduated in Corporate Law and Financial Law from Ghent University (2002)
- Admitted to the Brussels Bar in 2002
- Recipient of the Georges Boels prize awarded by the Conférence du Jeune Barreau de Bruxelles for best oral pleadings (2004)
- Assistant Professor in Law of Contracts and Obligations and Torts at the Université libre de Bruxelles (2004–2014)
- With the Brussels office of Stibbe since 2015 (Partner since 2016)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Competition: Belgian law
- Dispute resolution
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: IT and telecoms
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Intellectual property
- Real estate and construction