Mr Philippe Campolini > Stibbe > Brussels, Belgium > Lawyer Profile
LOKSUMSTRAAT 25/ RUE DE LOXUM 25
- Go to...
Mr Philippe Campolini
Intellectual property and Life Sciences
Philippe Campolini is an IP law and life sciences specialist with a particular focus on litigation work.
Philippe specialises in patent law, trade secrets law, and copyright. A substantive part of his practice is IP litigation. Philippe has a wealth of experience in high-end and complex patent litigations, copyright, trademark cases, and transactional work. He is also highly skilled in negotiating and drafting contracts, especially concerning IP clauses (e.g., technology transfer, license, R&D, distribution, etc.). Philippe assists and represents Belgian and international clients from various sectors, notably the life sciences and medical device industries. He is a native French and German speaker who is very well connected with the German market also.
French, German, English, Dutch, Spanish, Italian
- Member of the executive committee of the law journal Auteurs & Media (2009–present)
- Member of the management board of the Belgian Copyright Association (BVA-ABA) (2016–present)
- Member of the Belgian Patent Attorney Accreditation Commission (2017–present)
- Member of the European Patent Lawyers Association (EPLAW)
- Member of the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- Member of the Licensing Executives Society (LES)
- Member of the Deutsche Vereinigung für gewerblichen Rechtsschutz und Urheberrecht (GRUR)
- Member of the Belgisch-Deutsche Juristenvereinigung (BDJR)
- Member of the Deutscher Anwaltverein Belgien (DAV Belgien)
- Erasmus programme at the Sapienza University of Rome, Italy (2006)
- Master’s degree in Law from the Université catholique de Louvain (2006)
- Master of Laws (LL.M.), specialisation in IP and competition law, from the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Germany (2007)
- Admitted to the Brussels Bar in 2007
- Completed the English Law and Legal Methods Summer Programme at University of Cambridge, United Kingdom (2009)
- Associate (2007–2014), Counsel (2015–2017), Partner (2017–2019) in the IP-IT department of an independent Belgian law firm
- Assistant of the “Introduction to Law” course at the Université libre de Bruxelles (2010–2014)
- Associate researcher at the Economic Law Unit of the Université libre de Bruxelles (2013–present)
- With the Brussels office of Stibbe since 2019 (Partner since 2019)
Highly reputed for its IP capabilities, Stibbe‘s cross-practice team also works with a host of renowned public and private sector clients on numerous compliance issues and contentious proceedings, as well as an array of registration and regulatory issues. Ignace Vernimme has significant experience of health products and healthcare services, handling high-stakes litigation and proceedings before various Belgian regulatory authorities. Philippe Campolini works with numerous clients in the life sciences and medical device industries, while Manuel Campolini is noted for his deep knowledge of domestic and EU-wide pharmaceutical regulatory frameworks.
A myriad of renowned Belgian entities and multinational corporations seek out the team at Stibbe for representation in multi-jurisdictional patent litigation and ADR proceedings. Led by arbitrator Ignace Vernimme and patent and trademark specialist Philippe Campolini, the employment group routinely works with various public authorities on high-stakes IP disputes, infringement cases and technology transfer issues. Erik Valgaeren is a highly experienced data protection specialist who regularly advises a mix of blue-chip companies and financial institutions. Adélaïde Lonnoy, Joanna De Smedt and Gwennaëlle Kusters are other names to note.
- Intellectual property - Belgium
- Next Generation Partners - Belgium > Intellectual property
- Industry focus: Healthcare and life sciences - Belgium
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Competition: Belgian law
- Dispute resolution
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: IT and telecoms
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Intellectual property
- Real estate and construction