Mr Pieter Wouters > Stibbe > Brussels, Belgium > Lawyer Profile
LOKSUMSTRAAT 25/ RUE DE LOXUM 25
- Go to...
Mr Pieter Wouters
Insolvency and restructuring, Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Pieter Wouters handles disputes mainly regarding insolvency law, security interests, company law, banking law, law of obligations, and usual contracts.
Pieter has built up extensive expertise in the field of insolvency law by regularly assisting clients in various types of important insolvency matters. In addition, he has acquired specialised expertise in liquidations by assisting in the finalization stage of liquidations. Pieter is also often sought to assist liquidators when they encounter complex legal issues in liquidation procedures.
Dutch, French, English
- Member of Insol Europe, a European organisation for professionals specialising in insolvency and restructuring (2015–present)
- Graduated in Law from the University of Antwerp (2004)
- Diploma of specialised studies (DES) in International and European Law from the Université catholique de Louvain (2005)
- Admitted to the Brussels Bar in 2005
- With the Brussels office of Stibbe since 2005
- Part-time assistant at the Institute for the Law of Obligations (Instituut voor Verbintenissenrecht) of the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (2007–2010)
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Clients describe Stibbe as ‘leaders at what they do‘, with further praise for the ‘commercial and pragmatic solutions‘ on offer from Oliver Stevens and Paul Van der Putten‘s team, which fields experts from the separate corporate, restructuring, labour and tax practices. Work typically includes advising banks and leasing companies during periods of financial distress. Counsel Pieter Wouters ‘punches above his weight on cross-border matters‘ and ‘understands the bigger picture‘, often when handling litigation. All named lawyers are also instructed as liquidators in domestic dissolutions.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Competition: Belgian law
- Dispute resolution
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: IT and telecoms
- Intellectual property
- Real estate and construction