Mr Martin In de Braekt > Stibbe > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
1077 WM AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Martin In de Braekt
Corporate and M&A, Energy, Project Finance and PFI.
Martin has a wide range of experience in the Energy and Industrial sector. He acts as counsel to various large industrial companies and energy companies in business and financial matters. Furthermore, he acts as counsel to sponsors, developers, contractors, lenders and other parties in energy and industrial projects (including project finance).
Dutch, English, French, German
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The energy and industry group at Stibbe advises energy companies and industrial businesses on commercial and corporate M&A transactions. It is adept at handling public and private buy and sell-side M&A in the power, oil and gas, chemicals and liquid natural gas (LNG) sectors. Practice head Martin In de Braekt handles business and finance matters for developers, contractors and lenders. Counsel Li Wee Toh is experienced in project development, with a focus on offshore and onshore wind, and energy transition projects.
Stibbe‘s project finance practice focuses on infrastructure finance, particularly on projects involving renewable energy, waterways and public buildings. The group maintains a strong presence in PPP/PFI projects, demonstrated by practice head David Orobio de Castro, acting alongside Ingmar De Groot and Rein van Helden, to advise a mix of bank lenders and the EIB, on providing finance to BAAK Blankenburg-Verbinding in relation to the A24 Blankenburg connection project. Martin In de Braekt, head of the firm’s energy and industry group, is another key name.
Stibbe’s energy and industry group is well-known for its transactional practice and its regulatory work is often integrated in transactional projects. It covers a broad range of regulatory matters, including those relating to development and finance, M&A, corporate reorganisations, and asset acquisitions and disposals. Gas sector regulation is a key area of focus, alongside energy and CO₂ taxes, and climate change policy. Team head Martin In de Braekt acts for sponsors, developers, contractors and lenders.
- Energy: transactional - Netherlands
- Leading individuals - Netherlands > Energy: transactional
- Energy: regulatory - Netherlands
- Project finance and PFI - Netherlands
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: asset finance and structured finance
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Capital markets: equity
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Energy: transactional
- Environment and planning
- EU and competition
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Capital markets: debt
- Data privacy and data protection
- Energy: regulatory
- Private equity
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Investment funds
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment