Mr David Orobio de Castro > Stibbe > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
1077 WM AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr David Orobio de Castro
Construction, Project Finance and PFI, Real Estate.
David heads Stibbe’s Real Estate Practice. He has extensive experience in real estate transactions, project development and project finance (PPP/PFI). He has acted for investors, developers, contractors, financiers and end users in transactions in the Netherlands.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Stibbe is well regarded for domestic and international real estate financing and transactions, and is particularly experienced in real estate matters pertaining to the healthcare sector. The team also handles property development projects, leasing, tax structuring, administrative law, construction and procurement. David Orobio de Castro heads the practice and is a key name for project finance issues, and advice on European and national procurement regulations. Counsel Boris Cammelbeeck handles commercial real estate transactions, developments and tenancy law.
Stibbe‘s project finance practice focuses on infrastructure finance, particularly on projects involving renewable energy, waterways and public buildings. The group maintains a strong presence in PPP/PFI projects, demonstrated by practice head David Orobio de Castro, acting alongside Ingmar De Groot and Rein van Helden, to advise a mix of bank lenders and the EIB, on providing finance to BAAK Blankenburg-Verbinding in relation to the A24 Blankenburg connection project. Martin In de Braekt, head of the firm’s energy and industry group, is another key name.
Stibbe has extensive transaction and litigation experience regarding real estate, construction and procurement law. It is well-known for its involvement in major construction and PPP projects, as well as heavy plant projects and offshore facilities. David Orobio de Castro jointly heads the real estate and construction group and is noted for his expertise in private finance initiatives (PFIs), building contracts, property development, property finance, real estate and concession contracts. Fellow co-head Ingmar De Groot has an ‘eye for detail’.
- Construction - Netherlands
- Leading individuals - Netherlands > Real estate
- Project finance and PFI - Netherlands
- Real estate - Netherlands
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: asset finance and structured finance
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Capital markets: equity
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Energy: transactional
- Environment and planning
- EU and competition
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Capital markets: debt
- Data privacy and data protection
- Energy: regulatory
- Private equity
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Investment funds
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment