Mr Jeroen Kortmann > Stibbe > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
1077 WM AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Jeroen Kortmann
Arbitration, Commercial Litigation, Restructuring and Insolvency.
Jeroen heads Stibbe’s International Litigation Group. He acts as defence counsel in international disputes. His specialities include cross-border litigation, collective redress, antitrust damages, tort law, contractual disputes and insurance litigation
Jeroen holds a Ph.D. in law from the University of Oxford.
Netherlands > Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
Led by Jeroen Kortmann and Fons Leijten, Stibbe‘s sizeable team handles a range of work including mass damage litigation, banking litigation, corporate litigation, insolvency and director’s liability and complex contractual disputes. Kortmann and Leijten successfully defended BP in securities litigation relating to the 2010 Mexican Gulf oil spill. Branda Katan was promoted to partner in January 2018. Senior associate Simon Boersen is also noted.
Netherlands > EU and competition
Stibbe‘s team stands out for its ‘quality knowledge and assistance’. Group head Rein Wesseling and Christof Swaak, who has ‘excellent strategic and tactical skills’, are acting for Nederlandse Spoorwegen and its former CEO and CFO in an abuse of dominance case brought by the ACM. Wesseling and Jeroen Kortmann are defending Heineken against a damages claim; the duo recently secured a favourable jurisdiction decision. Floris ten Have, who was promoted to the partnership in 2019, has done significant work on EU merger control matters for Aurobindo and Dossche Mills.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Capital markets: equity
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Environment and planning
- EU and competition
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Banking and finance: asset finance and structured finance
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Capital markets: debt
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Energy: regulatory
- Energy: transactional
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Investment funds
- Private equity
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Dispute resolution: arbitration