Mr Philipp Groz, LL.M. > Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd > Zurich, Switzerland > Lawyer Profile
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd Offices
P.O. Box 2201
- Go to...
Mr Philipp Groz, LL.M.
Zurich / Intellectual Property / Litigation / International Arbitration / Life Sciences
Philipp Groz is a Partner in Schellenberg Wittmer’s Intellectual Property and Dispute Resolution Groups. He represents clients in litigation before Swiss courts and in international arbitrations, and also sits as an arbitrator. He specializes in the fields of intellectual property, unfair competition, licensing and distribution and also advises clients on non-contentious matters in these fields. Philipp also assists clients in regulatory matters, particularly concerning life sciences, foods and consumer goods.
- Represented pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in various international arbitrations arising out of licensing and/or distribution agreements
- Represented medical device manufacturer in patent entitlement dispute before the Swiss Federal Patent Court
- Acted as counsel to telecommunication companies in various unfair competition proceedings before Swiss courts and authorities
- Advised consumer goods companies on various aspects of Swiss regulatory law (such as advertising, labeling, product liability, product recalls)
- Board member of Licensing Executives Society Switzerland
- Member of INTA’s ADR Committee (2020/2021)
- Swiss and Zurich Bar Associations
- International Trademark Association
- Licensing Executives Society
- Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle
- Swiss Arbitration Association
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd‘s intellectual property practice focuses on IP litigation and arbitration as well as transactional matters. The latter primarily includes the development, licensing, trade and distribution of technology and branded products. Litigation and arbitration specialist Philipp Groz leads the team and has experience in unfair competition, licensing and distribution, with the life sciences, automotive and telecommunication sectors as particularly busy lines of work. Lorenza Ferrari Hofer has a focus on cross-border matters relating to product development, licensing, trade and distribution of technology, therapeutic, health and food products as well as on patent infringement and injunction proceedings.
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd is praised for its ‘outstanding reputation for arbitration’ and team of ‘true problem solvers’, led globally by Elliott Geisinger in Zurich and vice-chaired by Philippe Bärtsch and Christopher Boog in Geneva and Zurich respectively. The practice excels in commercial, investment and sports arbitration proceedings as well as handling setting aside proceedings before the Swiss Supreme Court; the team recently represented the Russian Anti-Doping Agency in the Court of Arbitration for Sport. Clients single out ‘seasoned arbitration counsel’ Sebastiano Nessi and the ‘outstanding’ Stefan Leimgruber; other key names include Anya George, who is recommended for insurance, energy and commodities work; Anna Kozmenko, IP specialist Philipp Groz and counsel Anne-Carole Cremades.
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd has core capabilities in representing life sciences clients in disputes as well as advising them on corporate and commercial aspects, such as licensing deals, joint ventures and M&A transactions. The team is led by Philipp Groz who also forms an experienced IP duo with Lorenza Ferrari Hofer.
- Dispute resolution: arbitration - Switzerland
- Intellectual property - Switzerland
- Leading individuals - Switzerland > Intellectual property
- Healthcare and life sciences - Switzerland
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Geneva
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Intellectual property
- Leading firms: French-speaking Switzerland
- Private client
- Real estate and construction
- Regulatory, compliance and investigations