Mr Josef Caleff, LL.M., MRICS > Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd > Zurich, Switzerland > Lawyer Profile
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd Offices
P.O. Box 2201
- Go to...
Mr Josef Caleff, LL.M., MRICS
Zurich / Real Estate Law / Construction / Mergers & Acquisitions / Corporate and Commercial / Private Equity and Venture Capital / Hotels and Leisure / Real Estate Industry
Josef Caleff heads Schellenberg Wittmer’s Real Estate Group in Zurich and is a partner in the Construction Group as well as the Mergers & Acquisitions Group.
- He possesses special expertise in real estate transactions, in particular sale and purchase of single properties and portfolios, real estate financing, construction and commercial leases
- Advising clients in all types of corporate and M&A transactions
- Counsel of Dolce & Gabbana in the negotiation of a long-term high-end lease agreement at a prime location on Bahnhofstrasse, Zurich
- Counsel of the Barana Group in the sale of an office building in Zurich for CHF 128m to the city of Zurich
- Member of IBA
- Member of RICS
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd advises on all aspects of business law with particular experience in banking and finance, capital markets and corporate and M&A matters with further expertise in dispute resolution, where Peter Burckhardt, Christopher Boog and Urs Hoffmann-Nowotny are active. Philippe Borens, Lorenzo Olgiati, Oliver Triebold, Lorenza Ferrari Hofer and David Mamane are the key names for IP and competition law matters. Other names to note include Pascal Hubli, Josef Caleff, Anya George, Anna Kozmenko, Olivier Favre and Andrea Dorjee-Good.
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd advises clients on the drafting, negotiating, implementing and enforcing of all types of real estate contracts as well as on real estate-related matters, including environmental law, tax and administrative matters. The ‘very well organised and efficient‘ team further represents clients in contentious matters, such as post-closing, lease and construction disputes. Practice heads Yves Jeanrenaud and ‘hard-working and successful‘ Josef Caleff specialise in real estate investments and transactions, including sale and lease back transactions, share and asset deals, as well as commercial leases and general contracts. Elliott Geisinger and Christopher Boog are the names to note for construction litigation and arbitration. Head of the Zurich construction team Katherine Bell made partner in 2021.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Geneva
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Intellectual property
- Leading firms: French-speaking Switzerland
- Private client
- Real estate and construction
- Regulatory, compliance and investigations