Mr Josef Caleff, LL.M., MRICS > Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd > Zurich, Switzerland > Lawyer Profile
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd Offices
P.O. Box 2201
- Go to...
Mr Josef Caleff, LL.M., MRICS
Zurich / Real Estate Law / Construction / Mergers & Acquisitions / Corporate and Commercial / Private Equity and Venture Capital / Hotels and Leisure / Real Estate Industry
Josef Caleff heads Schellenberg Wittmer’s Real Estate Group in Zurich and is a partner in the Construction Group as well as the Mergers & Acquisitions Group.
- He possesses special expertise in real estate transactions, in particular sale and purchase of single properties and portfolios, real estate financing, construction and commercial leases
- Advising clients in all types of corporate and M&A transactions
- Counsel of Dolce & Gabbana in the negotiation of a long-term high-end lease agreement at a prime location on Bahnhofstrasse, Zurich
- Counsel of the Barana Group in the sale of an office building in Zurich for CHF 128m to the city of Zurich
- Member of IBA
- Member of RICS
Covering both the residential and commercial market, the team at Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd advises on a range of topics; it has considerable experience in construction disputes and real estate contracts, and is involved in the full life-cycle of real estate transactions. Its client portfolio includes international companies, institutional investors and construction companies in the retail, hotel, office and industrial sectors. Yves Jeanrenaud in Geneva and Josef Caleff jointly lead the practice, both with a strong M&A and corporate background. In the Geneva office, Christopher Boog and Elliott Geisinger are specialists in construction arbitration proceedings.
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd fields ‘a highly professional and competent team of lawyers‘. The firm has expertise in the full range of business law, such as in the fields of banking and finance; capital markets; corporate and M&A; IP and competition, areas where Philippe Borens, Lorenzo Olgiati, Oliver Triebold, Lorenza Ferrari Hofer and David Mamane are key names. The team also has strong capabilities in dispute resolution, where Peter Burckhardt, Christopher Boog and Urs Hoffmann-Nowotny are noted. Josef Caleff is also active.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Geneva
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Intellectual property
- Leading firms: French-speaking Switzerland
- Private client
- Real estate and construction