Dr Anna Kozmenko, LL.M. > Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd > Zurich, Switzerland > Lawyer Profile
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd Offices
P.O. Box 2201
- Go to...
Dr Anna Kozmenko, LL.M.
Dispute Resolution / International Arbitration / Sports
Dr. Anna Kozmenko is a Partner in our Dispute Resolution and Sports Groups in Zurich. Having practiced in Russia, France and the US, Dr. Kozmenko represents state and private entities in high profile international disputes, including complex litigations, commercial and investment arbitrations.
- Acted as counsel and arbitrator in over 50 arbitrations worldwide, both ad hoc and institutional (under the ICC, LCIA, SCC, VIAC, AAA/ICDR, UNCITRAL, CAS, ICSID, ICSID Additional Facility and Swiss rules)
- Represented states, state-owned entities and private companies in numerous investment arbitrations and provided advice in relation to international investment as well as public international law
- Advises clients on all arbitration-related matters, including enforcement and set-aside proceedings
- Has particular expertise in natural resources, energy, telecommunications, construction, engineering, and sports
- Has extensive experience in counseling clients from the CIS and Eurasia regions
- Adjunct Professor at the University of Arkansas School of Law (international commercial arbitration)
- Executive Board Member of the International Centre for Dispute Resolution Y&I
- Contributing author to investmentclaims.com
- Speaker at over 30 conferences on international dispute resolution
- Regular commentator in legal and general media
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd’s sports law practice is experienced in representing individuals, sports organisations and clubs as well as corporate clients in arbitration proceedings before the Court of Arbitration for Sport as well as in state courts. Its caseload includes issues concerning media rights and sponsorship agreements, unfair competition and dismissal claims, violations of the WADA code and disputed bids for hosting major sports events. Practice heads Philippe Bärtsch and Christopher Boog are experienced arbitrators for sports matters, as is partner Anna Kozmenko.
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd is noted for having an ‘outstanding team capable of handling very complex cases‘. Its caseload includes international commercial, investment and sports arbitration proceedings. The team has considerable expertise in a range of industries, including construction, infrastructure, energy, life sciences, commodities and hospitality. Elliott Geisinger in Geneva is the firm’s arbitration chair and is experienced in disputes arising from joint venture agreements, as well as sales and distribution contracts. Christopher Boog, whose ‘advocacy skills are unparalleled‘, divides his time between Zurich and Singapore. Other key names include Philippe Bärtsch , Anya George and Anna Kozmenko as well as counsels Anne-Carole Cremades and Sebastiano Nessi in Geneva. The team lost Nathalie Voser who left to set up dispute resolution boutique practice Rothorn Legal in November 2020.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Geneva
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Intellectual property
- Leading firms: French-speaking Switzerland
- Private client
- Real estate and construction