Prof Dr Peter Georg Picht, LL.M. > Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd > Zurich, Switzerland > Lawyer Profile
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd Offices
P.O. Box 2201
- Go to...
Prof Dr Peter Georg Picht, LL.M.
Competition and Antitrust / Intellectual Property / International Arbitration / Private Wealth / ICT / Dispute Resolution / Telecommunication / Life Sciences / Blockchainm Technologies & FinTech
Peter Georg Picht is a professor of law and holds the Chair for Business and Commercial Law at the University of Zurich and is the chair of the Center for Intellectual Property & Competition Law (CIPCO). He is Of Counsel in Schellenberg Wittmer’s Competition Group and IP Group. He regularly advises and represents clients in the areas of competition law, intellectual property law, private international and procedural law, and arbitration.
- Center for Intellectual Property and Competition Law, Zurich – CIPCO (Chairman)
- Munich IP Dispute Resolution Forum (Board member)
- Academic Society for Competition Law – ASCOLA (Board member)
- Deutsche Vereinigung für Gewerblichen Rechtsschutz und Urheberrecht (GRUR)
- International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA)
- Association Internationale de Droit Économique (Board member)
The competition practice of Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd is well-positioned to act for clients in investigations, dawn raids, leniency applications and compliance reviews. Other areas of expertise are merger control filings, general competition advice and representation in disputes. The team is noted for its broad client roster containing national and international companies. Practice head David Mamane is noted for ‘persistently representing the interests of his clients, but with a sound assessment of the chances and risks of litigation‘. Other key practitioners are counsels Peter Picht and Frank Bremer and senior associate Amalie Wijesundera.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Geneva
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Intellectual property
- Leading firms: French-speaking Switzerland
- Private client
- Real estate and construction