Mr Marcel Jakob > Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd > Zurich, Switzerland > Lawyer Profile
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd Offices
P.O. Box 2201
- Go to...
Mr Marcel Jakob
Marcel Jakob is a Senior Associate in our Mergers & Acquisitions Group in Zurich. He focuses on domestic and cross-border M&A transactions including asset deals and real estate transactions. He regularly advises entrepreneurs and startups as well as venture capital and private equity investors. Marcel has a focus on transactions involving highly regulated businesses (in particular financial institutions and life science companies) and technology driven business models.
Before joining Schellenberg Wittmer, Marcel gained experience in the tax department of an international audit firm, in a startup company as well as in the legal department of a securities dealer.
- Swiss counsel to the US enterprise Synergy Sports, an sports technology enterprise, in respect of its acquisition by Sportradar, Switzerland.
- Counsel to Axpo Holding on the sale of Avectris AG, Baden, a Swiss IT service provider, to GIA Informatik AG.
- Counsel to group of Swiss private investors on their acquisition of furniture and home appliance retailer Conforama Switzerland from its French parent company Conforama Holding.
- Counsel to the shareholders of Xovis Holding AG (including investment company EMERAM Capital Partners GmbH) in its sale to a fund advised by the Swiss private equity firm Capvis AG.
- Counsel to a family office on the sale of a real estate portfolio comprising 14 mainly commercial/retail properties in several cantons in Switzerland to Bayerische Versorgungskammer (BVK).
- Counsel to Schroder & Co Bank AG (Schroders) in its sale of its eastern European banking activities to the Swiss private bank CBH Compagnie Bancaire Helvétique SA.
- Counsel to Swiss specialty pharmaceutical company Santhera Pharmaceuticals in an option and sublicensing transaction regarding an orphan drug.
- Counsel to ZKB in its sale of Swisscanto Funds Centre Ltd. (London) to Deutsche Börse Group’s Clearstream.
- Counsel to EFG International AG in its acquisition of the Swiss bank BSI SA from Banco BTG Pactual S.A. for a purchase price of approx. CHF 1.328 billion.
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd handles a balanced mix of public and private M&A transactions as well as deals in the private equity and venture capital space. Team members work closely with the firm’s other practice groups including competition, tax, insurance and dispute resolution. Lorenzo Olgiati has more than 25 years of experience, and he leads the practice jointly with Geneva-based Jean Jacques Ah Choon, who also has an active finance practice. Martin Weber is a key contact for banks and Oliver Triebold has a track record acting for insurance companies. Tarek Houdrouge in Geneva and senior associate Marcel Jakob are other names to note.
- Rising stars - Switzerland > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Commercial, corporate and M&A - Switzerland
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Geneva
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Intellectual property
- Leading firms: French-speaking Switzerland
- Private client
- Real estate and construction