Lorenza Ferrari Hofer > Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd > Zurich, Switzerland > Lawyer Profile
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd Offices
P.O. Box 2201
- Go to...
Lorenza Ferrari Hofer
IP and Life Sciences
Lorenza Ferrari Hofer is a Partner in our Intellectual Property and Life Sciences Groups. She specializes in intellectual property, unfair competition, data law and contract law. She has profound knowledge in respect of the development, licensing and distribution of technology products, among others therapeutic and food products. Also, she has broad experience in media, advertising, marketing and sponsoring matters. Her life sciences practice also includes regulatory matters and product liability defense. Lorenza Ferrari Hofer advises her clients on intellectual property related deals and transactions and represents them in legal proceedings in front of Swiss courts, arbitral tribunals and administrative authorities.
- Legal counsel to Locarno Film Festival
- Advised leading manufacturer of medical devices in the update of post marketing surveillance obligations (clinical studies) following MDR
- Advised leading consumer group in the renegotiation of several sponsoring agreements following the cancellation of events (Covid-19)
- Advised global foodstuff group in its marketing and advertising campaigns and branding matters
- Represents pharmaceutical global leader in several patent litigations (among others SPC infringements)
- Assisted ophthalmic leader in the tender for the acquisition and licensing of intellectual property rights and marketing authorization for orphan drugs
- Assisted pharmaceutical global leader in the review of its rebate and pricing system, and related legal and regulatory issues
- Represented major manufacturers of metal-on-metal hip prostheses in product liability proceedings
German, English, French, Italian
- Lecturer at SUPSI (Scuola universitaria professionale della Svizzera Italiana, Lugano)
- Examiner at the Swiss patent attorney courses
- President of AIPPI Switzerland
- Member of INTA Editing Committee
- Organizing Committee member of IBA Life Sciences Conference
- Member of GRUR Ausschuss Recht der Daten
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd‘s core strengths lie in transactional work, including M&A and joint ventures, IP and technology transfers, and licensing; as well as dispute resolution, where the team has expertise in patent litigation, product liability and related arbitration proceedings. In addition, the firm’s regulatory practice was bolstered by the arrival of Lorenza Ferrari Hofer, who joined from Pestalozzi in September 2020. Practice head Philipp Groz is also well versed in IP and unfair competition. Other names to note include David Mamane and Pascal Hubli. The team not only acts for life sciences and pharmaceutical companies, but also for companies in the tobacco, food and beverage industries.
The data privacy and data protection practice at Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd is focused on the financial services, healthcare, retail and construction sectors with additional experience in the field of emerging technologies, including artificial intelligence and the internet of things. The team regularly advises on the data protection aspects of transactions as well as cybersecurity and cybercrime law. Practice head Roland Mathys is a specialist in Swiss and European data protection law. Lorenza Ferrari Hofer joined from Pestalozzi in September of 2020 and Samuel Klaus made partner in January of the same year.
The TMT practice at Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd acts for clients from a variety of sectors, including the financial services, pharmaceuticals and life sciences, retail and construction industries, handling a broad array of contentious and non-contentious issues. The team combines expertise in telecoms, IT, competition and IP law to provide advice on information and communication technology transactions, public procurements, cooperation agreements, data protection work, cyber investigations and dispute resolution. Practice head Roland Mathys advises on software development, outsourcing and licensing mandates; Lorenza Ferrari Hofer, who joined in 2020 from Pestalozzi, and Samuel Klaus are further key contacts.
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd’s IP practice advises clients on the full range of IP issues and is ‘a terrific resource for domestic and international issues‘. The team’s clients stem from the automotive, life science, consumer goods and entertainment sectors. The group handles a variety of contentious and non-contentious matters concerning trade marks, patents, copyrights, licensing agreements, designs and the IP aspects of transactions. Practice head Philipp Groz specialises in both national and international litigation and arbitration proceedings concerning unfair competition, licensing and distribution issues. Lorenza Ferrari Hofer, who is experienced in supplementary protection certificates, joined in mid-2020 from Pestalozzi.
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd fields ‘a highly professional and competent team of lawyers‘. The firm has expertise in the full range of business law, such as in the fields of banking and finance; capital markets; corporate and M&A; IP and competition, areas where Philippe Borens, Lorenzo Olgiati, Oliver Triebold, Lorenza Ferrari Hofer and David Mamane are key names. The team also has strong capabilities in dispute resolution, where Peter Burckhardt, Christopher Boog and Urs Hoffmann-Nowotny are noted. Josef Caleff is also active.
- Intellectual property - Switzerland
- TMT - Switzerland
- Data privacy and data protection - Switzerland
- Healthcare and life sciences - Switzerland
- Leading firms: German-speaking Switzerland - Switzerland
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Geneva
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Intellectual property
- Leading firms: French-speaking Switzerland
- Private client
- Real estate and construction