Lorenza Ferrari Hofer > Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd > Zurich, Switzerland > Lawyer Profile
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd Offices
P.O. Box 2201
- Go to...
Lorenza Ferrari Hofer
IP and Life Sciences
Lorenza Ferrari Hofer is a Partner in our Intellectual Property and Life Sciences Groups. She specializes in intellectual property, unfair competition, data law and contract law. She has profound knowledge in respect of the development, licensing and distribution of technology products, among others therapeutic and food products. Also, she has broad experience in media, advertising, marketing and sponsoring matters. Her life sciences practice also includes regulatory matters and product liability defense. Lorenza Ferrari Hofer advises her clients on intellectual property related deals and transactions and represents them in legal proceedings in front of Swiss courts, arbitral tribunals and administrative authorities.
- Legal counsel to Locarno Film Festival
- Advised leading manufacturer of medical devices in the update of post marketing surveillance obligations (clinical studies) following MDR
- Advised leading consumer group in the renegotiation of several sponsoring agreements following the cancellation of events (Covid-19)
- Advised global foodstuff group in its marketing and advertising campaigns and branding matters
- Represents pharmaceutical global leader in several patent litigations (among others SPC infringements)
- Assisted ophthalmic leader in the tender for the acquisition and licensing of intellectual property rights and marketing authorization for orphan drugs
- Assisted pharmaceutical global leader in the review of its rebate and pricing system, and related legal and regulatory issues
- Represented major manufacturers of metal-on-metal hip prostheses in product liability proceedings
German, English, French, Italian
- Lecturer at SUPSI (Scuola universitaria professionale della Svizzera Italiana, Lugano)
- Examiner at the Swiss patent attorney courses
- President of AIPPI Switzerland
- Member of INTA Editing Committee
- Organizing Committee member of IBA Life Sciences Conference
- Member of GRUR Ausschuss Recht der Daten
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd‘s intellectual property practice focuses on IP litigation and arbitration as well as transactional matters. The latter primarily includes the development, licensing, trade and distribution of technology and branded products. Litigation and arbitration specialist Philipp Groz leads the team and has experience in unfair competition, licensing and distribution, with the life sciences, automotive and telecommunication sectors as particularly busy lines of work. Lorenza Ferrari Hofer has a focus on cross-border matters relating to product development, licensing, trade and distribution of technology, therapeutic, health and food products as well as on patent infringement and injunction proceedings.
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd has core capabilities in representing life sciences clients in disputes as well as advising them on corporate and commercial aspects, such as licensing deals, joint ventures and M&A transactions. The team is led by Philipp Groz who also forms an experienced IP duo with Lorenza Ferrari Hofer.
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd advises on all aspects of business law with particular experience in banking and finance, capital markets and corporate and M&A matters with further expertise in dispute resolution, where Peter Burckhardt, Christopher Boog and Urs Hoffmann-Nowotny are active. Philippe Borens, Lorenzo Olgiati, Oliver Triebold, Lorenza Ferrari Hofer and David Mamane are the key names for IP and competition law matters. Other names to note include Pascal Hubli, Josef Caleff, Anya George, Anna Kozmenko, Olivier Favre and Andrea Dorjee-Good.
- Intellectual property - Switzerland
- Healthcare and life sciences - Switzerland
- Leading firms: German-speaking Switzerland - Switzerland
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Geneva
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Intellectual property
- Leading firms: French-speaking Switzerland
- Private client
- Real estate and construction
- Regulatory, compliance and investigations