Dr Samuel Klaus > Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd > Zurich, Switzerland > Lawyer Profile
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd Offices
P.O. Box 2201
- Go to...
Dr Samuel Klaus
- Regular speaking engagements and publications on technology law, digital matters and data privacy / data protection
- Member of the International Technology Law Association (ITechLaw)
- Member of the Information Security Society Switzerland (ISSS)
- Member of the Licensing Executives Society Switzerland (LES-CH)
- Lecturer at Campus Sursee (center of learning for construction specialists)
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
The TMT practice at Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd acts for clients from a variety of sectors, including the financial services, pharmaceuticals and life sciences, retail and construction industries, handling a broad array of contentious and non-contentious issues. The team combines expertise in telecoms, IT, competition and IP law to provide advice on information and communication technology transactions, public procurements, cooperation agreements, data protection work, cyber investigations and dispute resolution. Practice head Roland Mathys advises on software development, outsourcing and licensing mandates; Lorenza Ferrari Hofer, who joined in 2020 from Pestalozzi, and Samuel Klaus are further key contacts.
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd is specialised in matters relating to blockchain technology, including cryptocurrencies, initial coin offerings and decentralised autonomous organisations. The team also provides regulatory advice on activities relating to crypto assets, cryptocurrencies and storage solutions as well as security coin offerings and assists with compliance with anti-money laundering legislation. Olivier Favre is specialised in regulatory and transactional matters. Tarek Houdrouge advises on the set-up of cryptocurrency platforms and regulatory aspects of the development of online banking. Caroline Clemetson advises start-ups and financial entities on regulatory matters. Samuel Klaus made partner at the beginning of 2020.
The data privacy and data protection practice at Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd is focused on the financial services, healthcare, retail and construction sectors with additional experience in the field of emerging technologies, including artificial intelligence and the internet of things. The team regularly advises on the data protection aspects of transactions as well as cybersecurity and cybercrime law. Practice head Roland Mathys is a specialist in Swiss and European data protection law. Lorenza Ferrari Hofer joined from Pestalozzi in September of 2020 and Samuel Klaus made partner in January of the same year.
- Next Generation Partners - Switzerland > TMT
- TMT - Switzerland
- Data privacy and data protection - Switzerland
- Fintech - Switzerland
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Geneva
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Intellectual property
- Leading firms: French-speaking Switzerland
- Private client
- Real estate and construction