Dr Samuel Klaus > Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd > Zurich, Switzerland > Lawyer Profile
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd Offices
P.O. Box 2201
- Go to...
Dr Samuel Klaus
- Regular speaking engagements and publications on technology law, digital matters and data privacy / data protection
- Member of the International Technology Law Association (ITechLaw)
- Member of the Information Security Society Switzerland (ISSS)
- Member of the Licensing Executives Society Switzerland (LES-CH)
- Lecturer at Campus Sursee (center of learning for construction specialists)
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd’s fintech practice is ‘very up to date on all matters pertaining to fintech and ICOs and blockchain and distributed ledger technology‘ and members of the team ‘excel in the regulatory elements of such structures‘. The team is adept at advising on various fintech matters, including the issuance of crypto currencies, utility tokens and asset tokens, crypto currency brokerage and storage solutions, ICO executions and smart contracts. The ‘excellent‘ Olivier Favre and Tarek Houdrouge, ‘one of the best for fintech-related work‘ head the practice and are specialised in regulatory and transactional matters. Samuel Klaus has ‘great legal expertise‘ regarding technology projects. Caroline Clemetson is highly experienced in digital asset matters.
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd is particularly adept at advising on interdisciplinary matters requiring telecommunication, information technology, intellectual property as well as competition law expertise. The group has particular sector expertise in the retail, healthcare and life sciences, finance, banking as well as insurance industries where the practice advises on issues regarding emerging technologies as well as data privacy and data protection matters. The team, which has an impressive track record of advising on technology transactions, is headed by Roland Mathys, who also advises on software development, digital platforms and technology IP protection issues. Samuel Klaus‘ specialisms include outsourcing projects.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Geneva
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Intellectual property
- Leading firms: French-speaking Switzerland
- Private client
- Real estate and construction
- Regulatory, compliance and investigations