Mr Vincent Jeanneret > Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd > Geneva, Switzerland > Lawyer Profile
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd Offices
15bis, rue des Alpes
P.O. Box 2088
1211 Geneva 1
- Go to...
Mr Vincent Jeanneret
Geneva / Dispute Resolution / Insolvency and Restructuring / White-Collar Crime / Banking Litigation
Vincent Jeanneret is Of Counsel in the Dispute Resolution Group in Geneva, where he heads Schellenberg Wittmer’s Restructuring and Insolvency team. He was the Managing Partner of the firm from 2009 to 2014. He specializes in commercial and banking litigation with a focus on international and complex cases. He has been described as one of the few specialists who deals with major insolvency cases on the Swiss and international levels. He is regularly appointed by FINMA, the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority, either as receiver or liquidator. He is frequently retained as counsel or expert in connection with white-collar crime cases at the federal or state level, as well as with international legal assistance or embargo law proceedings.
2020 – Of Counsel at Schellenberg Wittmer
- Active member of the AIJA (president of its Insolvency Commission)
- Member of the Fédération Suisse des Avocats and of the Association Genevoise du Droit des Affaires, where he was a board member and treasurer (1996-2002), as well as the former chairman of the Société Genevoise de Droit et de Législation
- Vincent was also appointed to the Management Board of the “Ecole de l’Avocature”
- Member of the board of the Geneva Bar Association (2003 – 2009)
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd impresses with its ability to handle a broad range of insolvency and restructuring mandates. The team has deep expertise in distressed M&A and refinancing, restructuring, enforcement and related litigation, areas in which it works closely with colleagues in other departments of the firm. Of counsel Vincent Jeanneret in Geneva is regularly appointed by the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority (FINMA) as receiver or liquidator. He leads the group together with of counsel Olivier Hari, who is well versed in corporate restructurings, and dispute resolution expert Urs Hoffmann-Nowotny.
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd has considerable expertise in acting for financial institutions, companies from the energy and consumer goods industries as well as individuals. The team is regularly engaged in a variety of banking and commercial disputes, where it works closely across practice groups. Another active field is representation in white-collar criminal law and investigations, where Peter Burckhardt and of counsel Vincent Jeanneret in Geneva have particular experience. Burckhardt jointly leads the practice with Geneva-based Clara Poglia and Louis Burrus. Christian Girod, who is well versed in banking matters, Stefan Leimgruber, Urs Hoffmann-Nowotny and counsel Roland Ryser provide additional support.
- Dispute resolution: litigation - Switzerland
- Insolvency and corporate recovery - Switzerland
- Leading individuals - Switzerland > Insolvency and corporate recovery
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Geneva
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Intellectual property
- Leading firms: French-speaking Switzerland
- Private client
- Real estate and construction