Ms Caroline Clemetson, LL.M. > Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd > Geneva, Switzerland > Lawyer Profile
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd Offices
15bis, rue des Alpes
P.O. Box 2088
1211 Geneva 1
- Go to...
Ms Caroline Clemetson, LL.M.
Geneva / Zurich / Investment Management / Investment Funds / Financial Products / Banking and Finance / Private Equity and Venture Capital / Capital Markets / Corporate and Commercial / Mergers and Acquisitions / Insurance
Caroline Clemetson is a partner in Schellenberg Wittmer’s Banking and Finance Group in Geneva and Zurich.
- Focus in banking and finance law, in particular financial services and financial regulation, asset management, collective investment schemes and other investment products, distribution of financial products, derivatives, trade finance, pension funds as well as insurance and insurance brokerage regulation
- Very experienced in corporate and transactional matters
- Authorized representative at the SIX Swiss Exchange
- Member of the Specialist Committee Legal & Compliance of the Swiss Funds and Asset Management Association (SFAMA)
- Secretary to the Executive Board of the Swiss Trading & Shipping Association (STSA)
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd is specialised in matters relating to blockchain technology, including cryptocurrencies, initial coin offerings and decentralised autonomous organisations. The team also provides regulatory advice on activities relating to crypto assets, cryptocurrencies and storage solutions as well as security coin offerings and assists with compliance with anti-money laundering legislation. Olivier Favre is specialised in regulatory and transactional matters. Tarek Houdrouge advises on the set-up of cryptocurrency platforms and regulatory aspects of the development of online banking. Caroline Clemetson advises start-ups and financial entities on regulatory matters. Samuel Klaus made partner at the beginning of 2020.
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd acts for Swiss and international banks, investment firms, fund management companies, insurers and asset managers. The team is experienced in advising on the establishment of financial institutions, regulations and internal investigations and also acts for clients in M&A transactions. Practice head Philippe Borens combines banking and capital markets law expertise. Anita Schläpfer is the name to note for refinancing matters, and Caroline Clemetson is able to handle a variety of regulatory issues. Martin Lanz and Olivier Favre are other key practitioners.
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd‘s teams stand out for being ‘creative, sharp, and perfectly managed‘. The core pillars of the Geneva office are dispute resolution, namely litigation and international arbitration as well as investigations and white-collar criminal law, areas of focus for Philippe Bärtsch, Louis Burrus, Benjamin Borsodi and Paul Gully-Hart; banking and finance, where Caroline Clemetson, Tarek Houdrouge and Grégoire Wuest are key names; real estate and construction, where Yves Jeanrenaud specialises; and corporate and M&A, which is the focus of Christoph Vonlanthen.
The ‘extraordinary‘ practice at Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd has considerable experience in the full gamut of regulatory, transactional and contentious banking and finance matters. The team covers banking M&A restructurings, investment and asset management, syndicated lending, and advises on fintech and blockchain technology topics. The client portfolio is similarly broad, with Swiss and international banks, investments firms, insurers and funds among them. Grégoire Wuest has niche expertise in financial transactions in the shipping and business aviation sectors. He leads the practice jointly with Tarek Houdrouge, whose skillset also includes expertise in corporate and commercial law. Caroline Clemetson is noted for her knowledge in the investment and insurance space. Grégoire Tribolet made partner in January 2021.
- Banking and finance: Geneva - Switzerland
- Leading firms: French-speaking Switzerland - Switzerland
- Banking and finance: Zurich - Switzerland
- Fintech - Switzerland
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Geneva
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Intellectual property
- Leading firms: French-speaking Switzerland
- Private client
- Real estate and construction