Mr Sebastiano Nessi, LL.M., FCIArb > Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd > Geneva, Switzerland > Lawyer Profile
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd Offices
15bis, rue des Alpes
P.O. Box 2088
1211 Geneva 1
- Go to...
Mr Sebastiano Nessi, LL.M., FCIArb
Dispute Resolution / International Arbitration
Sebastiano Nessi is a Counsel in our International Arbitration Group in Geneva. Trained in both civil and common law, Sebastiano has advised and represented clients in numerous arbitrations, both ad hoc and under each of the major institutional rules. Sebastiano also sits as an arbitrator.
Sebastiano is ranked as one of the 10 Most Highly Regarded lawyers (Future Leaders) in Europe Middle East, Africa (EMEA) by Who’s Who Legal Arbitration.
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC YAF) Representative for Europe and Russia
- Vice-chair of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators’ Young Members Group (CIArb YMG)
- Lecturer on commercial and investment arbitration at the University of Paris I, Panthéon-Sorbonne and Sciences Po Law School
- Guest Lecturer Swiss Arbitration Academy
2015 – Certificate of Advanced Studies in arbitration, University of Lucerne and University of Neuchâtel
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd is noted for having an ‘outstanding team capable of handling very complex cases‘. Its caseload includes international commercial, investment and sports arbitration proceedings. The team has considerable expertise in a range of industries, including construction, infrastructure, energy, life sciences, commodities and hospitality. Elliott Geisinger in Geneva is the firm’s arbitration chair and is experienced in disputes arising from joint venture agreements, as well as sales and distribution contracts. Christopher Boog, whose ‘advocacy skills are unparalleled‘, divides his time between Zurich and Singapore. Other key names include Philippe Bärtsch , Anya George and Anna Kozmenko as well as counsels Anne-Carole Cremades and Sebastiano Nessi in Geneva. The team lost Nathalie Voser who left to set up dispute resolution boutique practice Rothorn Legal in November 2020.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Geneva
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Intellectual property
- Leading firms: French-speaking Switzerland
- Private client
- Real estate and construction