Mrs Vanessa Marquette > Loyens & Loeff > Brussels, Belgium > Lawyer Profile
Loyens & Loeff Offices
- Go to...
Mrs Vanessa Marquette
Banking & Finance
Vanessa Marquette, attorney at law, is a partner in the Banking and Finance Practice Group of our Brussels office. She is recognized for her expertise in Banking and Finance with a focus on international finance law, regulated financial services, sustainable finance and banking litigation.
Vanessa Marquette assists regulated entities such as financial institutions, payment services providers, funds, insurance companies, listed companies as well as non-regulated entities on all financial regulatory matters and compliance. She accompanies clients in the evolving environment of sustainable finance. She has a wide experience in the drafting, negotiation and enforcement of all type of security interests with specific expertise in cross-border issues. She handles M&A transactions in the banking and insurance areas as well M&A involving public entities.
French, English and Dutch.
- Scientific Committee of the European Society for Banking and Financial Law Europe (A.E.D.B.F. Europe), 2018
- Hôpital Erasme (Non-Executive Director), 2017
- Université Libre de Bruxelles, lecturer, International Finance Law, 2015
- Brussels Bar, 1995
- Women on Board
- Scor, Non-Executive Director, member of the Audit Committee, of the Strategic Committee, of the Risk Committee, of the CSR Committee and of the Nomination and Remuneration Committee (France), 2005
- LL.M. in International Law, University of Michigan Law School (USA), 1998
- Summer Joint Program – Orientation in U.S.A. Law, University of California and Berkeley University (USA), 1997
- Master of Economic Law, Université libre de Bruxelles (Belgium), 1995
- Law Degree, Université libre de Bruxelles (Belgium), 1994
The insolvency and restructuring department at Loyens & Loeff specialises in financial reorganisations, with a cross-practice set-up drawing on the firm’s aviation, employment and real estate know-how. Well versed in transactional work and litigation relating to companies experiencing financial distress, the team has regularly been instructed following the introduction of the Belgian government’s Covid-19 response measures. Led by new hire Vanessa Marquette, who joined the firm from Simont Braun in March 2020, the team also includes Marc Vermylen, newly promoted disputes partner Olivier van der Haegen and of counsel Laurent Mertens, who are praised for their ‘professionalism, flexibility and know-how‘.