Mr Thierry Charon > Loyens & Loeff > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Loyens & Loeff Offices
FRED ROESKESTRAAT 100
1076 ED AMSTERDAM, PO BOX 71170
1008 BD AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Thierry Charon
Thierry Charon, tax adviser and partner, is a member of the Executive Board of Loyens & Loeff N.V. He co-heads Loyens & Loeff’s VAT, Customs & International Trade Practice Group in the Benelux.
As cohead of the Benelux VAT, Customs & International Trade Practice Group, Thierry divides his time between our Belgian and Luxembourg offices. He is a member of the Loyens & Loeff Automotive Team and its China and India Desks.
Thierry has more than 20 years’ experience in VAT, customs, excise duties, international trade matters, real estate and transfer pricing. He advises clients, mainly from the automotive, finance and real estate sectors in Belgium and across Europe, on real estate transactions and counsels international organisations and foundations on indirect tax.
Thierry frequently speaks at seminars on VAT and customs-related matters and is a lecturer in VAT law at the HUB (Hogeschool – Universiteit Brussel).
Thierry is frequently asked to speak at seminars on VAT and customs-related matters. Thierry has been a member of the Instituut van de Accountants en Belastingconsulenten (IAB) since 2001.
1999: Partner, Loyens & Loeff; 1989: Associate, Loyens & Loeff.
Thierry works in French, Dutch and English
- Instituut van de Accountants en Belastingconsulenten (IAB), 2001
- European VAT Club (Chairman)
- Vat Expert Group of the European Commission
- Global Legal Customs Association (GLCA)
- International Fiscal Association (IFA).
- Degree in Tax Law, École Supérieure des Sciences Fiscales (Brussels, Belgium), 1991
- Masters in Trade and Finance, Economische Hogeschool Sint-Aloysius (Brussels, Belgium), 1987
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: asset finance and structured finance
- Energy: regulatory
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Investment funds
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Capital markets: equity
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Energy: transactional
- EU and competition
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: retail
- Private equity
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Capital markets: debt
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Environment and planning
- Industry focus: telecoms