Mrs Susanne van Breukelen > Loyens & Loeff > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Loyens & Loeff Offices
FRED ROESKESTRAAT 100
1076 ED AMSTERDAM, PO BOX 71170
1008 BD AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mrs Susanne van Breukelen
Litigation & Risk Management
Senior associate | Attorney at law
Susanne van Breukelen is a member of the Litigation & Risk Management practice group. Susanne specialises in financial and economic criminal law. Susanne has extensive experience as a litigator in a wide range of criminal proceedings defending her clients against charges including fraud (e.g. accounting fraud, bankruptcy fraud, tax fraud), corruption, money laundering and violations of environmental or working conditions laws. Clients include both natural persons and companies. Susanne also represents companies that have been victimised by a criminal offence, for example by filing a formal complaint with the Public Prosecutor’s Office.
Furthermore Susanne has wide experience in performing corporate investigations and has advised multiple Dutch and multinational companies on various compliance issues, including the implementation of anti-bribery and corruption policies and procedures. Susanne is a member of the Dutch Association of Defence Counsel. Susanne publishes regularly in various academic legal journals and is permanent author for Sdu’s explanatory notes of the Dutch Code of Criminal Procedure (Sdu is a reputable Dutch publisher).
Susanne is a member of the Dutch Association of Defence Counsel.
Dutch law (criminal and civil law), University of Utrecht, 2007.
Psychology, University of Utrecht, 2006.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: asset finance and structured finance
- Energy: regulatory
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Investment funds
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Capital markets: equity
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Energy: transactional
- EU and competition
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: retail
- Private equity
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Capital markets: debt
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Environment and planning
- Industry focus: telecoms