Mr Gregory Logothetis > Koutalidis Law Firm > Athens, Greece > Lawyer Profile
Koutalidis Law Firm Offices
The Orbit, 115 Kifissias Ave.
Athens 115 24
- Go to...
Mr Gregory Logothetis
Arbitration, Litigation & Mediation
Public Procurement, Privatisations, Concessions & Public Private Partnerships
Employment & Immigration
Partner, Head of the Arbitration, Litigation and Mediation Department and Co-Head of the Projects & Privatisation and Real Estate Department of our Firm.
Gregory’s particular expertise lies in construction, civil, commercial and administrative law disputes, and he has extensive experience in complex arbitration (national and international, particularly under ICC, LCIA, UNCITRAL and LMAA Rules, as well as ad hoc) and litigation as counsel and arbitrator. He is also very experienced in procurement law matters and advises on a regular basis concessionaires and constructors of infrastructure projects on matters related to their operation.
Gregory has acted as head of the Procurement and Contracts Department of the Public Power Corporation for several years, where he is still active as senior counsel.
Recent work includes:
Arbitration & Litigation
- Representing a Motorway Concessionaire (controlled by companies such as Hochtief, Vinci, J&P) in several arbitration and litigation cases with amounts at stake over €200m;
- Representing an Airport Concessionaire in several ICC arbitrations versus the Greek State pertaining to the proper maintenance of the airports, the pavement of a regional airport and the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the Concessionaire with overall amounts at stake approximately €250m;
- Acting as co-counsel in a London Maritime Arbitrators Association (LMAA) arbitration between our client, which is a Greek shipping company, and a Greek shipping company owned by an Italian conglomerate in connection with a sale and purchase of shares of a shipping company. The amount of the claim and counterclaim involved exceeded €120 million;
- Representing the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund S.A. (HRADF) in an LCIA arbitration involving a share purchase agreement and an amount of €66 million;
- Representing a major motorway operator in arbitration proceedings relating to the issuance of an operation permit for our client, with a potential object of dispute in the range of several millions;
- Advising a Greek Pharmaceutical Company on issues pertaining to distribution agreements and representing the same company in relevant litigation and employment disputes, as well as before the Greek Council of State in several multimillion cases;
- Acting as co-counsel in ICC arbitration between the client, Public Power Corporation S.A., and Halyvourgiki Inc. in connection with a shareholders agreement, involving an amount of €270 million;
- Conducting litigation for public tenders and related to the performance of public contracts with values of several million for major foreign and domestic clients;
- Representing two Greek systemic Banks on various multimillion cases before ordinary courts.
- Representing the Hellenic Financial Stability Fund (HFSF) in litigation against 38 natural persons claiming compensation in connection with devaluation of warrants with a value at stake of over €30 million.
- Advising Aegean Motorway S.A. with respect to the concession of the Maliakos-Kleidi Motoway Project;
- Advising Fraport Greece in connection with the concession of the 14 Greek Regional Airports;
- Advising GMR Group Limited with respect to the concession of the planned new international airport in Kastelli, Crete;
- Advising Marina Alimou S.A. with respect to the concession of the Alimos Marina.
- Advising Hochtief as member of the construction joint venture and the concessionaire with respect to the concession of the Elefsina – Patra Motorway Project.
- Advising the Public Power Corporation of Greece S.A. on tenders and contracts and relevant litigation and arbitration since 1992 and until today;
- Representing international constructors in energy plants related arbitrations.
- Advising real estate companies on matters related to sale and purchase of real estate properties and expropriations;
- Defending a listed real estate company in litigation against claims of the Greek State with respect to land of a value above €200 million;
- Representing a Greek real estate company in a €25 million case against the local Municipality before the competent Greek Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court.
- Dispute Resolution (Greece) (ranked in the Hall of Fameby the Legal 500, ranked in Band 1 by Chambers and Partners Global and Europe)
- The 2020 Chambers and Partners reports: A pre-eminent figure in the legal market, Gregory Logothetis is recognised for his extensive experience in litigation and arbitration. … Clients value his hands-on approach and say that “he drafts impeccable documents.” “He has a quiet power; you can see his skill come to the fore in the courtroom”.
The Legal 500 testimonials include that he is ‘undoubtedly a top expert’ and a “great team leader”, “dedicated to client’s interests” who “leads from the front”.
Greek, English and German.
- Member of the Piraeus Bar Association.
- Qualified before Greek Courts of all instances, including the Supreme Court of Greece.
- Member of the DIS Arbitration Council.
- Member of the International Bar Association.
- Member of ICC Hellas.
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich) (LL.B.)
|Greece: Litigation||June 2022||This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Litigation laws and regulations that may occur in Greece.|