Mr Ole Spiermann > Bruun & Hjejle > Copenhagen, Denmark > Lawyer Profile
Bruun & Hjejle Offices
1165 COPENHAGEN K
- Go to...
Mr Ole Spiermann
Dispute Resolution, Energy and Infrastructure and Public and International Law
Ole Spiermann is head of Bruun & Hjejle’s dispute resolution practice. During recent years, he has conducted some of the most comprehensive and complex legal and arbitral cases in Denmark, acting for major Danish financial institutions among others. He also has vast experience appearing before the European Court of Justice.
Further, Ole Spiermann leads legal investigations, often across national borders, and he acts as lead partner in the ongoing investigations into the now terminated portfolio of non-resident customers of Danske Bank’s Estonian branch.
Ole Spiermann’s practice areas also include public law and criminal law. He is a member of the Inquiry Commission of Tibet as well as the Scrutiny commission appointed to investigate the mink case and is active in Greenland and the Faroe Islands.
Ole Spiermann is former professor of international law at the University of Copenhagen. He was awarded the University of Copenhagen’s gold medal in 1994 and a PhD in law at the University of Cambridge in 2000.
Ole Spiermann is chairman of the board of directors of Bruun & Hjejle.
2013: Admitted to the Danish Supreme Court
2009-: Partner, Bruun & Hjejle
2005-2008: Professor in Public Law, University of Copenhagen
2005-2008: Advisor to the Greenlandic side in the Greenlandic-Danish Self-Government Commission 1999-2009: Attorney, Bruun & Hjejle
English and the Scandinavian languages.
- The Scrutiny Commission to investigate the mink case (2021-)
- Executive Council of International Law Association and expert committees on the protection of foreign investments (2003-2008) and international arbitration (2003-)
- International Council for Commercial Arbitration
- Working Group on Constitutional and International Law of the Greenland-Danish Self-Government (2005-2008)
- Arbitrator with the OSCE Court of Conciliation and Arbitration (2007-2019)
- The Danish Ministry of Justice’s Committee on incorporation etc. in the human rights area (2013-2014)
- The Inquiry Commission of Tibet I and II (2016-2017 and 2018-)
- The board of directors of The Danish Bar and Law Society
- Various professional associations
Ph.D, University of Cambridge (2000). Master of Laws, University of Copenhagen (1998), LL.M., University of Cambridge, England (1996). Gold Medal, University of Copenhagen (1994).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Bruun & Hjejle has a notable track record in large-scale, high-stakes disputes in the Danish market, particularly in the financial services and energy sectors. A team fronted by practice head Ole Spiermann represented Danske Bank in a money laundering case involving the bank’s Estonian branch. Karsten Kristoffersen has vast experience in oil and gas work, Olaf Koktvedgaard is a notable competition specialist, and Jakob Lentz focuses on professional liability cases. The department also handles white-collar litigation mandates, tax disputes, and state aid and public law issues.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- EU, competition and public procurement
- Real estate and construction