Mr Jacques-Henry de Bourmont > Jeantet > Paris, France > Lawyer Profile
11 RUE GALILÉE
- Go to...
Mr Jacques-Henry de Bourmont
Partner – Tax
Jacques-Henry de Bourmont assists French and international clients, companies and investment funds, with all their tax issues (tax and criminal litigation, transfer pricing, management of intangible assets, asset optimisation, structuring of management packages, executive remuneration, real estate taxation). Admitted to the Paris and Frankfurt Bars, he has developed a recognized experience in the Franco-German field.
Teacher in Real Estate taxation at ESSEC Business School and Foreign Trade Advisor, he began his career at Rhône-Poulenc (now Sanofi Aventis) as an international tax specialist, then joined Ernst & Young Sociétés d’Avocats, where he was head of the French Desk in Frankfurt until 2005. He then joined Marcus Partner as Managing Director and Head of the Tax Department. In 2011, he joined the law firm LPA-CGR (Lefèvre Pelletier) where he held the position of Head of Corporate Tax and Franco-German departments.
- International Fiscal Association (IFA)
- Institut des Avocats Conseils Fiscaux (IACF)
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Association des Fonds d’Investissement en Capital (AFIC) et European Venture Capital Association (EVCA)
- Bar Training School of Paris (EFB), 1996
- Postgraduate Diploma (DEA) in Business Law – University of Paris X Nanterre, 1994
- Master’s Degree in Tax- University of Paris IX Dauphine, 1993
- Master’s Degree in Management & Accounting Science – University of Paris IX Dauphine, 1992
La pratique de Jeantet est orientée sur la fiscalité des entreprises. L’équipe intervient en matière de fiscalité transactionnelle des opérations de fusions-acquisitions, de private equity et d’investissement immobilier. Elle a notamment assisté TAT lors de la vente de Sabena Technics. L’équipe est également sollicitée pour traiter des dossiers contentieux. La base de clientèle comprend plusieurs groupes familiaux français, ainsi que des banques suisses clientes du bureau à Genève. La pratique est codirigée par Patrice Lefèvre-Péaron à partir de Genève et Jean-Guillaume Follorou depuis Paris. A noter, le recrutement de l’excellent Jacques-Henry de Bourmont en mars 2020, anciennement chez LPA-CGR avocats.
Jeantet is recommended for transactional tax work and regularly advises on the structuring of M&A, private equity and real estate transactions handled by the firm. Small to mid-cap transactions are the group’s mainstay, but the team also acts on larger deals and on equity capital markets transactions. The practice also regularly advises on real estate and other industrial assets-based transactions and offers expertise in property tax real estate structuring. The team is co-headed by Jean-Guillaume Follorou and Jacques-Henry de Bourmont, a recent arrival from LPA-CGR avocats in 2020. Counsel Gabriel di Chiara also contributes.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Bank regulatory
- Dispute resolution: Stock market litigation
- Industry focus: Energy
- Industry focus: Food
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- EU, competition and distribution
- Capital markets: equity capital markets
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Dispute resolution: International arbitration