Ms Imelda Reynolds > Beauchamps > Dublin, Ireland > Lawyer Profile
SIR JOHN ROGERSONS QUAY
- Go to...
Ms Imelda Reynolds
Commercial property, Corporate governance & company compliance
Imelda Reynolds is the chair of Beauchamps and a senior partner in Beauchamps’ Commercial Real Estate team, with over 35 years of significant and substantial commercial real estate and other experience. She is also an expert in company law, corporate governance, and franchising.
Imelda’s key clients come from a range of industries including retailers, institutional pension fund managers, educational institutions, public bodies, international franchisors and indigenous Irish businesses franchising their businesses nationally and internationally.
- Appointed by the Minister for Education & Science in 2008 to serve on the Governing Body of the Dublin Institute of Technology. Chair of DIT’s Audit Committee since 2011
- Member of the Regulation of Practice Committee of the Law Society
- Chair of the Aquaculture Licences Appeals Board (ALAB) which hears appeals on aquaculture licences granted or refused by the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and the Marine
- Elected member of the Council of the Law Society of Ireland
- Bachelor of Civil Law (University College Dublin, 1982)
- Solicitor (Law Society of Ireland, 1987)
- Diploma in EU Law (University College Dublin, 1990)
- Diploma in Corporate Governance (University College Dublin, 2010)
- Diploma in Company Direction (IoD, 2015)
Beauchamps‘ real estate practice has a diverse client base, which includes Irish and international investors, financial institutions, developers, asset managers, public bodies, local authorities and companies from across a range of sectors. The team is jointly led by head of commercial real estate Aidan Marsh, retail expert Imelda Reynolds and senior partner Maitiú Ó Dónaill. The practice also has a specialised housing team, which acts for developers, public bodies and approved housing bodies on projects relating to the construction, design and financing of residential housing and developments for all purposes. Jacinta Niland is also noted.
Beauchamps is noted for its strength in acting for regulatory bodies in a range of areas, including the health and social care, professional services and corporate sectors, while other clients include local authorities, universities, sports organisations, social housing associations and hospitals. The team acts for public bodies in litigation, including judicial review proceedings and inquiries, and handles professional regulatory hearings. Stephen McLoughlin, who joined the firm from Fieldfisher, leads the practice jointly with the ‘responsive and efficient‘ Imelda Reynolds. Dorit McCann specialises in procurement and state aid matters.