Mr Barry Cahir > Beauchamps LLP > Dublin, Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Beauchamps LLP Offices
SIR JOHN ROGERSONS QUAY
- Go to...
Mr Barry Cahir
Insolvency & corporate restructuring, Litigation & dispute resolution
Barry is a seasoned litigator and insolvency expert who heads up Beauchamps’ Insolvency & Corporate Restructuring team. Recognised for his technical ability, he represents stakeholders and officeholders in a wide range of contentious and non-contentious insolvency and debt restructuring cases, with significant Irish and cross border experience.
Barry is the only Fellow of INSOL International in Ireland, having undertaken its Global Insolvency Practice Course in 2016, and has been reappointed for another three year term to the council of INSOL Europe, to lead its efforts to maintain and enhance relationships with the institutions of the EU.
He is also on the technical committee for INSOL International’s conference in Cape Town in 2020 and is chair of the insolvency committee of the Company Law Review Group, a statutory body that advises the Minister for Business, Enterprise and Innovation.
- Appointed by the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation to be a member of the Company Law Review Group on behalf of The Irish Society of Insolvency Practitioners
- Past Chairman of the Irish Society of Insolvency Practitioner
- Member of the UK Insolvency Lawyers Association
- Member of the ABFA – the Asset Based Finance Association
- A fellow of INSOL International and Council member of INSOL Europe
- Bachelor of Civil Law (University College Dublin, 1995)
- Solicitor (Law Society of Ireland, 1998)
- INSOL International Global Insolvency Practice Course 2015/16
Beauchamps handles matters including examinerships, liquidations, and receiverships. Practice head Barry Cahir is particularly active in advising on the Irish aspects of the restructurings and insolvencies of international companies. The team also advises a number of financial institutions on transactions involving distressed assets and non-performing loans. Associate Simon Murphy provides additional support.
Beauchamps acts for clients in a range of sectors, including banking, sports, and property. Practice head Emma Keegan is instructed on a wide range of matters. Thomas O’Dwyer has recently acted on a number of high-profile disputes, while Barry Cahir is noted for his work in contentious insolvency and restructuring. The practice’s embrace of technology is also praised by clients, particularly its use of e-discovery, and its collaboration with other advisers.