Mr Michiel Pannekoek > Houthoff > Rotterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
3013 AL ROTTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Michiel Pannekoek
Michiel specialises in mergers and acquisitions, and private equity. He has a particular focus on advising in the context of international acquisitions, management buy-outs and joint ventures. Michiel is one of the most prominent corporate and private equity lawyers in the Netherlands. He represents both listed and unlisted companies, and venture capital firms in an array of Dutch and cross-border transactions, transactions with restructuring elements, and large-scale projects.
Michiel served on Houthoff’s Executive Committee until 2018. Between 2010 and 2014, he headed the Corporate/M&A Team. Michiel is currently responsible for the international strategy and activities of the firm. He is also a board member of Lex Mundi, the world’s largest and most prestigious network of independent law firms. Houthoff is the Netherlands only member of this leading professional services network.
At Houthoff, the private equity department forms a piece of the larger corporate group and is home to several lawyers who devote over half of their practice to the area. The practice is active across a wealth of sectors though has developed an especially strong reputation in the technology industry. Led by Alexander Kaarls, the team has notably strong ties to the Asian market, particularly Tokyo and Singapore, and also reaps the benefits of the firm’s overseas offices in New York, London and Brussels, among other locations. Key names include international transaction, management buy-outs and restructuring expert, Michiel Pannekoek, as well as Bram Caudri, well-regarded by a number of leading private equity houses, both domestic and international.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Capital markets: equity
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Environment and planning
- Investment funds
- Real estate
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Energy: regulatory
- Energy: transactional
- EU and competition
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights
- Private equity
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Capital markets: debt
- Data privacy and data protection
- Industry focus: telecoms
- Intellectual property: Patents
- Project finance and PFI
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment