Gide Loyrette Nouel A.A.R.P.I. > Beijing, China > Firm Profile
Gide Loyrette Nouel A.A.R.P.I. Offices
UNIT 01-02, FLOOR 15, TOWER B
PARKVIEW GREEN TOWER, NO 9 DONG DA QIAO ROAD, CHAOYANG DISTRICT
Gide Loyrette Nouel A.A.R.P.I. > The Legal 500 Rankings
China > Tax: foreign firms Tier 2Acting for a multinational client base of Fortune 500 and brand-name European companies, Gide Loyrette Nouel A.A.R.P.I. has a strong track record in providing tax-related advice on a wide range of transactions. The China tax practice of the France-headquartered firm regularly advises on group reorganisations, M&A tax planning and structuring, joint ventures, project financing, and business establishment and operation matters. Other areas of notable strength range from tax-efficient financing, tax compliance and transfer pricing to tax audits and disputes, subsidies and preferential treatments, tax treaties and tax reform issues. Clients additionally benefit from the group’s specialists in individual income taxation, customs, and foreign exchange controls. The China tax practice is headed by Beijing office head Guo Min, who specialises in PRC taxation and accounting. Guo is also heavily involved in tax working groups in China, and is the tax working group co-ordinator at the French Chamber of Commerce in Beijing.
‘The Gide team is China is absolutely fantastic. Always available, with very strong skills and the ability to consider the client’s constraints.‘
‘Min Guo is absolutely fantastic.‘
Aluminum Corporation of China
- Advised Gant, an American-Swedish fashion brand, on the tax implications (including tax planning and structuring) of the acquisition of a distribution network from its distributor and long-term partner, Longgoal.
Other key lawyers:
‘The firm has rich work experience in Guinea and other African countries, and can provide accurate information from a legal due diligence, company establishment, labour and employment, and tax planning perspective.’
‘Guo Min and Chen Xi provided powerful support! The problems raised by our company can always be understood accurately and answered quickly, especially when our company encounters difficulties in customs and taxation in Guinea, they can propose solutions throughout the process and contact the local tax authorities. ‘
Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd
China Standard Inspection Co.
International Finance Corporation
- Advised Chalco Hong Kong Ltd (Chalco HK) on the development of the Boffa Nord and Boffa Sud bauxite mining blocks in the Republic of Guinea.
‘Quick responses, strong business sense and professional.’
‘Very dedicated team, with simplicity and skills to deeply consider large matters.’ ‘Fan Jiannian provides good communication and is also professional and friendly.’
‘Min Guo and her team are totally dedicated to the customer’s problems, at any time of the day or night.’
- Advised GANT (MF Brands) on the acquisition of the distribution network from its distributor and long-standing partner, Longgoal, in order to secure further control of its brand growth in China.
- Advised Lesaffre on the acquisition of 70% of the entire issued share capital of Inner Mongolia Biohymn Biotechnology Co., Ltd., including its business from Inner Mongolia Biohymn New Agriculture Technology Co., Ltd., a Chinese company specialised in the production of yeast and yeast extracts.
- Advised PSA Group, the French multinational automaker of Peugeot and Citroën-brand vehicles, on the sale of its 50% equity interest in Chang’an PSA Automobiles Co., Ltd. (“CAPSA”) to Bao Neng Group.
Gide Loyrette Nouel A.A.R.P.I. > Firm Profile
Founded in 1920, Gide is a leading international law firm operating out of 12 offices worldwide. With over 550 lawyers and legal consultants drawn from 35 different nationalities, the firm provides specialist quality legal services in the most complex areas of national and international business law.
Gide has provided a broad range of legal services to clients in Asia for nearly 30 years. The practice is handled by a team of approximately 60 people, including Western and Chinese lawyers, working from Beijing and Shanghai. Its lawyers are highly experienced in each of the various sectors of national and international business law. The team co-operates closely with the firm’s specialist teams in Paris and its other international offices. Gide’s work extends throughout all of China, depending on where negotiations are taking place or where its clients’ businesses are based. If required, the China team also works with local lawyers and legal consultants in the regions where clients conduct business.
Recent assignments include:
- Advised Chinalco on highly strategic mining investments in Guinea: the development of the Boffa Nord and Boffa Sud bauxite mining blocks, as well as the Simandou iron ore project, one of the largest mining projects in the world;
- Advised Quechen Silicon Chemical Co., Ltd., the leader in silica manufacturing in Asia and owner of the biggest single silica production base in the world, on its greenfield investment in France (on the land of the Grand Port Maritime de Marseille, the largest industrial port in the Mediterranean region);
- Advised Semir, the leader in kidswear fashion in China, on the acquisition of European leader in premium children’s fashion Kidiliz;
- Advised Veolia Environnement on its first and second issues of Panda Bonds for an amount of RMB 1bn each. Veolia Environnement was the first French and the second European corporate issuer to complete a private bond placement on the Chinese domestic market;
- Advised Bank of Communications, China’s fifth-largest commercial bank, on the establishment of a branch of its Luxembourg subsidiary in France;
- Advised Total on the sale of its China polystyrene business to INEOS Styrolution;
- Advised Legrand on its purchase of Shenzhen Clever Electronic Co., Ltd.;
- Advised Renault on its joint venture with Chinese automaker Brilliance;
- Advised China Harbour Engineering Corporation on the formation of a joint venture company with Bolloré and CMA-CGM in Cameroon to operate the container terminal at the deep water port of Kribi;
- Advised Agricultural Bank of China (ABC) on the establishment of the Sino-Congolese Bank for Africa (BSCA) in the Republic of Congo, along with the Congolese government and other public and private partners. This landmark transaction is ABC’s first overseas joint venture bank project and creates the first Sino-African green-field bank;
- Advised Vallourec on its HKD 846.6m acquisition of 50.61% of the entire issued share capital of Anhui Tianda Oil Pipe Co., Ltd.;
- Advised Chinese listed company Inner Mongolia Furui Medical Science on its investment in a French company specialising in medical imaging software and services for oncology clinical trials, cancer screening, and clinical practice;
- Advised Canglong Optoelectronic Technology, part of FiberHome Technologies Group, a major Chinese state-owned enterprise specialising in optical fibre and cable products, on the acquisition of a 70% stake in a French high-tech company;
- Advised Golden Concord Group (GCL), the world’s leading photovoltaic material manufacturer, on the acquisition of a majority stake in a geothermal power generation plant in Turkey owned by Dubai-based energy company Ecolog;
- Advising Engie on its JV and cooperation project with Chinese state-owned Sichuan Energy Investment Distributed Energy Systems, involving the development, construction and operation of a cooling, heating and energy production (tri-generation) facility for a central business district in Sichuan Province;
- Advised China Exim Bank on the acquisition of Alcatel-Lucent’s subsidiary Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise by China Huaxin Post & Telecommunication Economy Development Center;
- Advised luxury French fashion house SMCP (Sandro, Maje, Claudie Pierlot and Sandro Men) on its acquisition of 100% of the share capital in Hong Kong company AZ Retail Ltd;
- Advising Renault on its JV with Dongfeng Motor Corporation, China’s second-largest vehicle manufacturer. Based in Wuhan, Hebei Province the JV will see Renault invest RMB 11 billion (US$ 1.8bn);
- Advised Credit Agricole Corporate & Investment Bank on the sale of CLSA to China’s CITICS for US$ 1.252bn;
- Advised the giant Chinese agribusiness COFCO on the acquisition of Chateau de Viaud, a leading vineyard set in the prestigious Lalande-de-Pomerol wine growing area in France;
- Advised SEB, one of the world’s largest manufacturers of cookware and small domestic appliances, on the acquisition of a further stake in Zhejiang Supor, listed on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange.
LanguagesChinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) English French German Spanish
OtherNumber of lawyers : 550 Number of lawyers at this office : 15 Contacts : David Boitout, partner (email@example.com) Contacts : Guo Min, partner (firstname.lastname@example.org) Contacts : Chen Xi, counsel (email@example.com) Other offices : Algiers Other offices : Brussels Other offices : Cairo Other offices : Casablanca Other offices : Istanbul Other offices : London Other offices : New York Other offices : Paris Other offices : Shanghai Other offices : Tunis Other offices : Warsaw
France: Merger Control
Published: October 2021
Authors: Emmanuel Reille Laura Castex
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Merger Control laws and regulations that may occur in France.
Algeria: Energy – Oil & Gas
Published: December 2021
Authors: Samy Laghouati
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Energy – Oil & Gas laws and regulations that may occur in Algeria.
United Kingdom: Securitisation
Published: February 2022
Authors: Dimitrios Logizidis Alexander Tompkins Rosalie Johnstone
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Securitisation laws and regulations that may occur in United Kingdom.