Mr Olivier Diaz > Gide Loyrette Nouel A.A.R.P.I. > Paris, France > Lawyer Profile
Gide Loyrette Nouel A.A.R.P.I. Offices
15 rue de Laborde
- Go to...
Mr Olivier Diaz
Mergers & Acquisitions / Corporate
Admitted to the Paris Bar in 1990, partner Olivier Diaz has over 25 years’ experience in complex mergers and acquisitions, private equity operations, securities law and corporate law. His practice covers a wide variety of transactions, in particular public and private acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, joint ventures and corporate restructurings.
During his career, Olivier has worked with clients on the largest and most complex M&A transactions in France, particularly in industrial fields, such as telecoms, energy, financial institutions and the food industry. He also assists companies on complex governance issues and is regularly consulted by regulators on securities and corporate law issues.
Recognised unanimously as one of the most talented lawyers in the field of mergers and acquisitions, Olivier Diaz is regularly praised in the main international directories and by his peers as a great strategist, in particular as regards listed and non-listed operations.
Prior to joining Gide in which Olivier was previously partner from 1990 to 1998, he worked for two years at Linklaters (1998-2000), fourteen years at Darrois Villey Maillot Brochier (2000-2015) and three years at Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom.
A graduate of Paris’ political sciences institute Sciences-Po (1985) and of HEC business school in Paris (1987), Olivier also holds a postgraduate degree (DESS) in international taxation from Paris XI University (1987).
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Gide Loyrette Nouel A.A.R.P.I. remains one of the most active teams in the market thanks to its strength in domestic and cross-border work and the depth of its bench. The group is active across all market segments, with a particularly busy caseload in the upper mid-cap and large-cap range. The French firm has a wide sectorial range and an international footprint, with offices in the Americas, the Middle East, Africa and Asia as well as in Central and Eastern Europe. Practice head Olivier Diaz, Charles de Reals, Didier Martin, Guillaume Rougier-Brierre, Nadège Nguyen, Jean-Gabriel Flandrois, Thomas Urlacher, Alexis Pailleret, Axelle Toulemonde, Christophe Eck and Antoine Lelong are key contacts. Jean-Francois Louit and Caroline Lan joined from Mayer Brown in September 2019.
Gide Loyrette Nouel A.A.R.P.I. est l’un des acteurs du marché parmi les plus actifs grâce à un large effectif et un important flux d’opérations de dimensions nationale et internationale. Le cabinet intervient sur tous les différents segments du marché et particulièrement dans des opérations de moyenne et large envergures. Il s’illustre par sa présence dans de nombreux secteurs et affiche une bonne capacité internationale à travers ses bureaux étrangers situés en Amérique, au Moyen-Orient, en Afrique, en Asie et en Europe Centrale et Orientale. L’équipe compte pour principaux intervenants: Olivier Diaz qui dirige la pratique, Charles de Reals, Didier Martin, Guillaume Rougier-Brierre, Nadège Nguyen, Jean-Gabriel Flandrois, Thomas Urlacher, Alexis Pailleret, Axelle Toulemonde, Christophe Eck et Antoine Lelong. Jean-François Louit et Caroline Lan (ex Mayer Brown sont venus renforcer les rangs du cabinet en Septembre 2019.
- Hall of Fame - France > Mergers and acquisitions
- Leading individuals - France > Mergers and acquisitions
- Mergers and acquisitions - France
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Bank regulatory
- Banking and finance: transactional work
- Capital markets: debt capital markets
- Derivatives and structured finance
- Banking and finance
- Industry focus > IT, telecoms and the internet
- Industry focus: Energy
- Industry focus: Luxury goods
- Industry focus: Telecoms
- Intellectual property: Copyright
- Intellectual property: Patents
- Intellectual property: Trade marks and designs
- Private equity: venture/growth capital
- Project finance
- Real estate
- Administrative and public law
- Capital markets: equity capital markets
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: Stock market litigation
- EU, competition and distribution
- Industry focus: Healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: IT and internet
- Media and entertainment: Television/radio
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Private equity: Fund formation
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Dispute resolution: International arbitration
- Dispute resolution: White-collar crime