Mr Christophe Eck > Gide Loyrette Nouel A.A.R.P.I. > Paris, France > Lawyer Profile
Gide Loyrette Nouel A.A.R.P.I. Offices
15 rue de Laborde
- Go to...
Mr Christophe Eck
Mergers & Acquisitions / Corporate
Partner Christophe Eck specialises on mergers & acquisitions, private equity, stock exchange regulation and corporate law. His expertise covers acquisitions and mergers of public and private companies as well as restructuring transactions. He frequently works on cross-border deals in various parts of the world including Asia and Africa. Christophe also has experience in litigation relating to these practice areas and has represented clients before the national courts and arbitral tribunals as well as in infrastructure and mining projects. He notably advised various groups on their mergers or acquisitions (Auchan, Société Générale, Groupama, Addax & Oryx, BPCE, BMCE, Total, Anglogold Ashanti, ENI), as well as Governmental authorities (Governments of Cameroon, Ghana, Senegal, Vietnam…).
Christophe Eck served as Managing Partner at Gide in 2010 and 2011. He is an Avocat à la Cour and also enrolled as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales.
Gide Loyrette Nouel A.A.R.P.I. is particularly active in the large and upper-mid cap market segments. The practice is well known for its work on cross-border transactions, leading on Total’s acquisition of the Energías de Portugal’s portfolio of 2.5m customers and combined cycle power plants. Olivier Diaz, who is described as an ‘excellent technician‘ leads the department, specialising in acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, joint ventures and corporate restructurings. The team has deep bench strength, with key names including Charles de Reals, Julien David, Christophe Eck and Jean-Gabriel Flandrois. It was further strengthened by the arrival of Jean-François Louit and Caroline Lan who joined from Mayer Brown in September 2019.
Gide Loyrette Nouel A.A.R.P.I. s’illustre particulièrement dans des opérations de large et moyenne valorisations. Le cabinet dispose d’excellentes ressources pour le traitement des opérations internationales ; il est par exemple intervenu dans l’acquisition par Total du portefeuille de clients et de centrales à cycle combiné d’Energías de Portugal. La pratique est dirigée par Olivier Diaz ; un «excellent technicien» qui intervient dans des opérations d’acquisitions, de LBO, de partenariats et de restructuration d’entreprises. L’équipe dispose d’importants effectifs et compte pour principaux intervenants Charles de Reals, Julien David, Christophe Eck et Jean-Gabriel Flandrois , ainsi que Jean-François Louit et Caroline Lan qui ont rejoint le cabinet en septembre 2019 en provenance de Mayer Brown .
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Bank regulatory
- Banking and finance: transactional work
- Capital markets: debt capital markets
- Derivatives and structured finance
- EU, competition and distribution
- Industry focus: Energy
- Industry focus: Luxury goods
- Industry focus: Telecoms
- Intellectual property: Copyright
- Intellectual property: Patents
- Intellectual property: Trade marks and designs
- Media and entertainment: Television/radio
- Private equity: venture/growth capital
- Project finance
- Real estate
- Administrative and public law
- Capital markets: equity capital markets
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: Stock market litigation
- Industry focus: Healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: IT and internet
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Private equity: Fund formation
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Dispute resolution: International arbitration
- Dispute resolution: White-collar crime
- Private equity: LBO