Mr Olivier Cousi > Gide Loyrette Nouel A.A.R.P.I. > Paris, France > Lawyer Profile
Gide Loyrette Nouel A.A.R.P.I. Offices
15 rue de Laborde
- Go to...
Mr Olivier Cousi
Intellectual Property, Telecommunications, Media & Technology
Partner Olivier Cousi helped set up Gide’s Intellectual Property, Telecommunications, Media & Technology pratice group. He is particularly in charge of the Media & Entertainment practice, as well as telecommunications, audiovisual regulation, press, libel and publishing, music, theatre and cinema law, such as the management of copyright and related law, art law or issues related to sponsoring, partnership and advertising. He is widely acknowledged for his experience in handling both criminal and commercial disputes with regard to the press, intellectual property, the right of personal portrayal, disparagement, advertising, telecommunications and the Internet. His strong experience in these fields makes him a renowned expert, in particular in managing reputational risks before French and international authorities, institutions, and courts. He is also a mediator at the French centre for mediation and arbitration in the above-mentioned fields. A former Secretary of the Paris Bar young lawyers’ association and former member of the Paris Bar Council.
In December 2018, Olivier Cousi was elected as the future president of the Paris Bar Association, together with Nathalie Roret elected as future vice-president. As from January 2020, Olivier Cousi will thus serve as president of the Paris Bar Association, representing Paris lawyers and promoting the activities of the Bar Council with the various institutions, the general public and of course, the legal profession as a whole.
France > Industry focus > Industry focus: IT, telecoms and the internetWithin: Leading individuals: Telecoms -
The team at Gide Loyrette Nouel A.A.R.P.I. advises on telecom matters in France and Africa, and handles significant mandates on behalf of enviable clients in the technology sector. Olivier Cousi continues to assist leading global TMT players with the regulatory issues arising from the implementation and development of their services in France, and Alexis Pailleret is part of the team guiding two major French telecom clients through a host of issues regarding the development of their operations in North Africa. On the technology front, Thierry Dor is currently leading the advice to a UK-based software provider on its agreement with a financial services company for the digitalisation and the integration of the client’s white label online banking tools. Also notable is counsel Julien Guinot-Deléry, who focuses on technology and internet issues.
France > Media and entertainment > Media and entertainment: advertising
The ‘highly qualified, very capable and skillfully managed‘ media team at Gide Loyrette Nouel A.A.R.P.I. is co-headed by counsel Julien Guinot-Deléry and ‘exceptional strategist and very capable negotiator‘ Olivier Cousi. The team continues to act for a number of well-known France-based television and radio broadcasters on the full gamut of licensing, copyright and regulatory matters. A government entity also appointed the group to contribute to the creation of a new bill against ‘fake news’ in both traditional and digital media.
Paris > Secteurs et industries > Technologies de l’information, informatique, internet et télécomsWithin: Les grands avocats du marché: Telecoms -
Gide Loyrette Nouel A.A.R.P.I. est une référence sur le marché pour le traitement des problématiques télécoms en France et en Afrique. Le cabinet est mandaté par une clientèle de premier plan. Olivier Cousi conseille de grands opérateurs internationaux dans le secteur des télécoms et des médias, pour la gestion de leurs problématiques réglementaires en lien avec le déploiement de leurs activités en France. Alexis Pailleret assiste deux grands opérateurs français de télécoms dans leurs projets de développement en Afrique du Nord. Sur le segment des nouvelles technologies, Thierry Dor conseille un prestataire informatique anglais dans le cadre d’un contrat de projet de transition numérique conclu avec une société de services financiers. Julien Guinot-Deléry (counsel) traite également des dossiers dans le secteur des nouvelles technologies et de l’internet.
- Leading individuals: Telecoms - France > Industry focus > Industry focus: IT, telecoms and the internet
- Industry focus: IT, telecoms and the internet - France > Industry focus
- Media and entertainment: advertising - France > Media and entertainment
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Bank regulatory
- Banking and finance: transactional work
- Capital markets: debt capital markets
- Derivatives and structured finance
- EU, competition and distribution
- Industry focus > Industry focus: energy
- Industry focus > Industry focus: Luxury goods
- Intellectual property > Intellectual property: copyright
- Intellectual property > Intellectual property: Patents
- Intellectual property > Intellectual property: Trade marks and designs
- Private equity > Private equity: Fund formation
- Private equity > Private equity: venture/growth capital
- Project finance
- Real estate
- Administrative and public law
- Capital markets: equity capital markets
- Dispute resolution > Dispute resolution: commercial litigation
- Dispute resolution > Dispute resolution: Stock market litigation
- Industry focus > Industry focus: Healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus > Industry focus: IT, telecoms and the internet
- Dispute resolution: International arbitration
- Dispute resolution: White-collar crime
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Media and entertainment > Media and entertainment: advertising