Tony Norris > Geldards LLP > Cardiff, Wales > Lawyer Profile
Geldards LLP Offices
Capital Quarter No.4
- Go to...
Tony is a Member and heads up the National Infrastructure & Construction Team. He specialises in project work, disputes and has been an accredited Adjudicator for 20 years. His clients include central government bodies, local and other public authorities, regulatory bodies as well as acting for specialist private sector contractors in the infrastructure & construction space.
Projects – he regularly advises on frameworks, call offs, joint ventures, public and privately funded projects under JCT and NEC; the Welsh MIM model and has particular experience in the waste sector with MF/1 and IChemE contracts.
Disputes – renowned as a specialist, particularly in adjudication having been involved in adjudication under DOM/1 before the 1996 came into being but also with substantial experience in Arbitration, Litigation and Mediation.
He is seen as an industry expert and sits on the Board of Constructing Excellence Wales and also has been chair of the South East Wales Club for over 10 years.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals) (Leading individuals)
The ‘brilliant’ four-partner team at Geldards LLP has ‘tremendous strength both in transactional work and disputes’ on behald of a varied mix of clients which include large public-sector institutions, developers, public/private partnerships and contractors. ‘Stratospherically brilliant’ team head Tony Norris is ‘well-known and respected in the market’, particularly on behalf of public sector clients involved in Wales-based infrastructure projects. At an associate level Claire Laviers advises on all aspects of construction contract drafting and negotiation, while Della Copley is ‘a hugely calming presence’ on many of the most significant disputes handled by the team.
- Leading individuals - Wales > Public sector
- Leading individuals - Wales > Real estate > Construction
- Construction - Wales > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial
- Employment > Employment: Recommended Firms
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence; claimant
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence; defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport