Tomos Phillips > Geldards LLP > Cardiff, Wales > Lawyer Profile
Geldards LLP Offices
Capital Quarter No.4
- Go to...
Planning & Environment
Tomos is a member of the Public Law team specialising in planning, environmental, highways and compulsory purchase law. He regularly acts for local authorities, landowners, developers and statutory undertakers on all aspects of planning law and matters concerning development, including drafting and negotiating complex section106 planning obligations and highway adoption agreements. Tomos has significant experience in compulsory purchase and compensation, having successfully acted on numerous schemes for local authorities as well as objectors. He has experience of major planning and compulsory purchase inquiries, judicial review and statutory challenges in the High Court and Court of Appeal.
Tomos is experienced in acting for local planning authorities and developers in negotiating complex section 106 agreements relating to major developments. He also advises on all aspects of development control and regularly advises on matters concerning planning committees and appeals. Tomos is very experienced in compulsory purchase law, particularly in relation to highway schemes. He has successfully acted on all stages of the process on numerous schemes, from the preparation of orders through to obtaining confirmation of the orders and their subsequent implementation. He has also acted on statutory challenges and proceedings in the Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber).
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Drawing upon a ‘good understanding of the law in Wales and a very detailed knowledge of the working of Welsh Government and the administrative sector’, Geldards LLP‘s three-strong standalone team is best-known for its work on behalf of central and local government across a range of contentious and non-contentious planning matters. ‘A highly experienced adviser on planning matters in Wales’, team head Charles Felgate with local planning authorities regularly turning to him in their toughest cases. Senior associate Tomos Phillips is also a key member of the team and has recently worked alongside Felgate helping several local councils secure CPOs to facilitate regeneration and transport/infrastructure projects.
- Planning and environment - Wales > Real estate
- Rising stars - Wales > Real estate > Planning and environment
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial
- Employment > Employment: Recommended Firms
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence; claimant
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence; defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport