Donna Makin > Geldards LLP > Cardiff, Wales > Lawyer Profile
Geldards LLP Offices
Capital Quarter No.4
- Go to...
Donna heads up the Corporate Claims team and has specialised in defendant personal injury claims since 1992. She defends public and employer liability claims on behalf of insurers, devolved government, local authorities and public bodies, charities and large corporates. Her practice encompasses injury claims (ranging from slips/trips through to catastrophic injury and death) and occupational disease claims (including asbestos related diseases, occupational deafness, cancers, vibration white finger, and dermatitis). She also advises on risk management and policy and undertakes insurance and corporate archaeology, claims audits and internal investigations.
Donna has specialised in defendant personal injury work since qualification. She was previously a Partner at Eversheds and headed an employer liability team there before joining Geldards. She regularly defends asbestos related claims in the High Court as well as multi track injury and occupational disease claims in the County Court. In addition to her employer liability practice, Donna regularly is instructed to defend public liability claims in negligence and under the Occupiers’ Liability Acts.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The corporate claims team at Geldards LLP defends clients against employer and public liability claims, ranging from commoditised volume-based matters including low-value slips and trips through to catastrophic injuries and death. Led by the ‘experienced and intelligent‘ Donna Makin, the team has a particular niche advising on the management of large corporate liability portfolios and working with captive insurance managers.
- Leading individuals - Wales > Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence; defendant
- Personal injury and clinical negligence; defendant - Wales > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial
- Employment > Employment: Recommended Firms
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence; claimant
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence; defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport