Ioan Owen > Geldards LLP > Cardiff, Wales > Lawyer Profile
Geldards LLP Offices
Capital Quarter No.4
- Go to...
Ioan is a senior property Partner in the Cardiff office. He advises a wide range of private, public and third sector clients including office owners and occupiers, national retailers and investors. Ioan works primarily in the landlord and tenant sphere of property, acting for landlords, tenants or investors. He acts for a number of investor landlords and office occupiers on acquisitions disposals renewals and estate management issues.
Ioan has extensive experience advising national retailers on their retail leases across England and Wales and also acts for a number of companies on their office portfolio requirements including lease renewals termination and dilapidation issues.
His experience includes advising a FTSE 100 company on a £60m new headquarters development, comprising a purpose-built 12 storey 220,000 sq. ft building. Ioan advised on all pre-letting requirements, approval of funding, construction and overage requirements.
Ioan also advised on a £20m 80,000 sq. ft development which included dealing with all pre-letting requirements approval of funding and associated issues
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Led by Susanne Bradley, Geldards LLP‘s team ‘works well together‘ and provides a ‘high-quality service‘ to an eclectic mix of stakeholders, including developers, investors and end-users in the private and public sectors. The ‘approachable and personable’ Ioan Owen ‘always aims to go that extra mile for his clients’, which include landlord and tenants in the office and retail space. Mike Jeffs is ‘extremely efficient and responsive’ particularly in the context of the funding of commercial property, investment, acquisition and development projects. The ‘approachable and responsive’ Adam Thomas has ‘sound all round experience in transactional real estate work’ and a ‘good grasp of public sector requirements’.
- Leading individuals - Wales > Real estate > Commercial property
- Commercial property - Wales > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial
- Employment > Employment: Recommended Firms
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence; claimant
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence; defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport