Chris Hawrylak > Geldards LLP > Derby, England > Lawyer Profile
Geldards LLP Offices
NUMBER ONE PRIDE PLACE
- Go to...
Chris is an Associate Partner at Geldards heads up the part of the Infrastructure & Construction Department based in the Derby office.
Chris is considered by his clients to be an invaluable asset to project teams with an in-depth knowledge of risk management, funding documentation and a proven track record in project delivery. He has built a strong reputation for high levels of client service combined with a keen sense of commercial nous.
Chris has a reputation for finding commercial solutions to often complex legal problems and is the “go-to” construction specialist for several of the region’s largest developers and contractors (Clowes Developments and Cedar House Investments included).
Chris has particular expertise in funding arrangements and advises large regional and national clients (including Julian Hodge Bank, Lloyds Bank, Development Bank of Wales and HSBC) on security requirements for high value projects often with a high public profile (including the Twickenham stadium expansion).
Chris has an in-depth understanding of regeneration work and has been retained to advise public-sector clients on some of the regions’ largest regeneration projects including: Park Hill, Sheffield (Sheffield City Council), Nottingham Enterprise Zone (Nottingham Regeneration Limited), Markham Vale (Derbyshire County Council), Nottingham Castle (Nottingham City Council) and Moorways Multi -Sports Village (Derby City Council).
Chris Hawrylak deserves to be a “Recognised Practitioner” in Chambers and Partners for the reasons set out in this submission.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Geldards LLP‘s Derby team has particular expertise in renewable energy, education and motor retail projects. It advises a diverse range of clients, including developers, contractors, lenders and public bodies, in relation to developments throughout the East Midlands. ‘Extremely proactive’ partner Chris Hawrylak excels in regeneration projects, funding transactions (in which he primarily acts for banks) and general commercial developments. Associate Della Copley is active in infrastructure projects and commercial developments. In a recent mandate, Hawrylak and Copley advised Chesterfield Borough Council on the design and build of an Enterprise Centre for start-ups and medium-sized businesses.
- Leading individuals - East Midlands > Real estate > Construction
- Construction - East Midlands > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Private client > Family
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms