Jamie Goldberg > Geldards LLP > Derby, England > Lawyer Profile
Geldards LLP Offices
NUMBER ONE PRIDE PLACE
- Go to...
Jamie is a commercial contracts and corporate lawyer with a particular focus in the sport, media and entertainment sectors. Jamie acts for investors, national and international sport governing bodies, sports agents, national selectors and other sport and media executives, rights holders, sports clubs and associations, media agencies, athletes, brands, theatre groups, ticketing businesses and a host of other commercial organisations.
- Sports rights holders in relation to sponsorship, partnerships, licensing and media rights agreements.
- National sport governing bodies for all commercial requirements (he advised on the hosting and staging agreements for the 2019 Cricket World Cup).
- World-renowned athletes in relation to sponsorship and endorsements, appearance agreements, representation agreements, image rights, joint ventures and other commercial opportunities.
- Media and entertainment clients such as theatre groups, ticketing businesses, live music events, venues and digital media businesses in relation to production and distribution, software and services agreements and digital media contracts.
- The organisers of major events
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Geldards LLP offers a broad array of legal services to the sports sector, including advice on sponsorship agreements, endorsements, disciplinary proceedings and licensing issues, acting for individuals, governing bodies and corporations. Additionally, as the exclusive legal partner of The Professional Body of Sports Leadership, the firm acts for senior executives, high performance specialists and non-executive directors in the sports industry. Jamie Goldberg heads the practice and advises clients on all commercial affairs. Jonathan Butler is a specialist in regulatory matters and dispute resolution, particularly in football.
Geldards LLP advises clients from the motor, retail, food and drink, and healthcare sectors on M&A and restructuring issues. In addition, the firm has a longstanding reputation in the market for its work with public sector clients; in 2020, the team advised Warrington Borough Council on the acquisition of two solar farms. Jamie Goldberg leads the commercial and sports departments and combines both specialisms to advise athletes on sponsorship agreements and image rights licences. The corporate team is led by Debra Martin, who focuses on private equity transactions. Michelle Craven-Faulkner departed to Shoosmiths LLP in December 2020.
- Leading individuals - East Midlands > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Sport - East Midlands > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby - East Midlands > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms