Jonathan Butler > Geldards LLP > Derby, England > Lawyer Profile
Geldards LLP Offices
NUMBER ONE PRIDE PLACE
- Go to...
Commercial Dispute Litigation
Jon is a Partner handling large and complex commercial disputes across a broad range of sectors. He is joint head of the Automotive team, described in Legal 500 UK 2020 as a “powerhouse”.
The Automotive team represent manufacturers and some of the largest franchised motor vehicle retailers across the UK. Jon is a Board member of The Vehicle Remarketing Association Limited (The VRA) which seeks to protect the interests of businesses involved in the used car market for the greater good of the re-marketing sector. He is a member of LawInSport and ranked in Legal 500 UK as a Leading Individual and Recommended Lawyer for Dispute Resolution in the East Midlands.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Geldards LLP has developed a key reputation for its work in shareholders’ disputes, contractual breaches and commercial fraud matters. Led by Nino Simone, the group is particularly active in the automotive sector and sports disputes; it represents leading retailers and suppliers in vehicle ownership disputes, and also represented key local client Derby County FC in regulatory proceedings concerning the value of its stadium. Other key team members include Jonathan Butler, who specialises in freezing orders and injunctions, and associate Rebecca Stojak, who is recommended for equine law issues.
Geldards LLP offers a broad array of legal services to the sports sector, including advice on sponsorship agreements, endorsements, disciplinary proceedings and licensing issues, acting for individuals, governing bodies and corporations. Additionally, as the exclusive legal partner of The Professional Body of Sports Leadership, the firm acts for senior executives, high performance specialists and non-executive directors in the sports industry. Jamie Goldberg heads the practice and advises clients on all commercial affairs. Jonathan Butler is a specialist in regulatory matters and dispute resolution, particularly in football.
- Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby - East Midlands > Dispute resolution
- Leading individuals - East Midlands > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Sport - East Midlands > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms