Yvonne Joyce > Comyn Kelleher Tobin > Cork, Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Comyn Kelleher Tobin Offices
2 GEORGE'S QUAY
- Go to...
Healthcare, Litigation, Alternate Dispute Resolution & Data Protection
Partner in the Healthcare Department
Yvonne has extensive experience in all aspects of defending clinical negligence claims and has been involved in many high value catastrophic injuries cases concerning complex issues of liability, causation and quantum. Yvonne also provides advice on all aspects of healthcare law including the duty of confidentiality and consent. Prior to joining CKT, Yvonne worked with a leading healthcare defence firm in Dublin.
- Member of the Roll of Solicitors, Law Society of Ireland
- Member of the Roll of Solicitors, Law Society of England & Wales
- Council Member, Irish Commercial Mediation Association
- Member of the Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- Former member of the School of Medicine Research Ethics Committee, Trinity College Dublin
- Member of the Southern Law Association
- BCL (University College Cork)
- Certificate in Data Protection Practice, Law Society of Ireland
- CEDR Accredited Mediator
- Diploma in Employment Law (University College Dublin)
- Chartered Tax Advisor, Irish Tax Institute
Comyn Kelleher Tobin‘s ‘experienced‘ team is well known for clinical defence litigation, with particular strength in acting for public sector clients, although it also represents private insurers. In addition to complex personal injury claims, the team advises on disputes within hospitals, wardships and clinical trial arrangements. The ‘well-established‘ Eamon Harrington leads the five-partner team in Cork, which has been active advising on high-value medical negligence claims. The team was also bolstered by the arrival of Yvonne Joyce from Hayes Solicitors in 2018. In Dublin, the firm’s merger with litigation specialist Jim Eustace & Co Solicitors has led to an increase in work for London-based insurers.
Comyn Kelleher Tobin acts in defence of insurers, particularly in personal injury cases. It has recently been involved in litigation for insurers including Munich Re and Zurich. The practice is headed by Eamon Harrington, ‘an excellent strategist on complex litigation‘, who leads on healthcare-related matters, and Daniel McLoughlin, who specialises in employer and public liability. Others to note include Diarmuid Cunningham, an experienced employment liability practitioner, and Yvonne Joyce, who ‘truly understands the healthcare/dispute resolution environment‘.