Luca Bonetti > Chiomenti > Milan, Italy > Lawyer Profile
VIA VERDI 2
- Go to...
Partner - Banking and Finance
Luca advises Italian and international clients on finance and real estate transactions with a particular focus on the structuring and negotiation of corporate acquisitions through bank borrowing or other alternative funding, structuring and negotiating real estate transactions, loans and facilities for companies and groups of companies; and creditor protection instruments.
Luca joined the Firm in 1992 and became a Partner in 2003.
Member of the Milan Bar (Italy)
Graduated in Law, Catholic University, Milan, 1989; Postgraduate course, International Financial Law, Oxford University, (UK), 1993.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Chiomenti‘s large department was recently active advising institutions involved in leveraged finance transactions, as well as financings covered by state guarantees. Gregorio Consoli heads the finance and regulated entities department, which includes Giulia Battaglia, who specialises in structuring complex deals, and financial transactions expert Giorgio Cappelli. Also integral to the practice are senior of counsel Francesco Ago, restructuring unit head Antonio Tavella, and finance and real estate specialist Luca Bonetti. Riccardo Rossi is an experienced managing counsel, while Gianrico Giannesi recently joined as partner from Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe.
Chiomenti‘s sizeable banking and finance department fields market-leading specialists in project and real estate finance, restructuring and insolvency, and private wealth, trusts and estates. It is also one of the few Italian law firms that has English law capacity. Gregorio Consoli heads the finance and regulated entities department, which includes highly regarded partners Giulia Battaglia, Giorgio Cappelli, Antonio Tavella, Luca Bonetti, Carola Antonini and Marco Cerritelli. Gianrico Giannesi joined in 2020 from Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe, where he was Italy banking and finance head.
- Banking and finance: Borrower side - Italy
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side - Italy
- Hall of Fame - Italy > Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Hall of Fame - Italy > Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Administrative and public law
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Capital markets: Equity
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- EU and competition law
- Industry focus: Luxury goods
- Industry focus: Retail
- Private equity
- Real estate and construction
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Capital markets: Debt
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution
- Industry focus: Energy
- Industry focus: Manufacturing
- Industry focus: TMT
- Investment funds
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Healthcare and life sciences
- Intellectual property
- Banking and finance: Bank regulatory