Mag Heinrich Foglar-Deinhardstein > Cerha Hempel > Vienna, Austria > Lawyer Profile
Cerha Hempel Offices
- Go to...
Mag Heinrich Foglar-Deinhardstein
Corporate & Commercial
Areas of practice:
Admitted 2009, (Attorney at Law), Austria
Heinrich Foglar-Deinhhardstein is a key partner in the firm’s Corporate practice. He was appointed partner in 2013 and focuses on corporate reorganisations, cross-border transactions and on private clients and Trust Law.
He is actively involved in solving various forms of disputes and reorganisations within trusts and private clients and is frequently working for Austrian family businesses, private foundations and family trusts in particular with view to their matters under Austrian corporate law, takeover law and law of succession.
- Vienna Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- UNION Viennese Society of Attorneys-at-Law
- Young Industry (platform within the Federation of the Austrian Industry for young economic operators from industry and related sectors)
- ReTurn (independent authority center for restructuring, reorganizations and turnarounds)
- Turnaround Management Association
- Austrian Corporate Law Society – Advisory Board
- Austrian-Brazilian Association of Commerce – Associação de Comércio Austro-Brasileira
- Lex Mundi – The World’s Leading Association of Independent Law Firms
King’s College London (LL.M. 2005)
University of Vienna (Mag. iur. 2002)
Cerha Hempel‘s highly regarded corporate practice advises on national and international cross-border mergers, reorganisations and restructurings. In public M&A, the team acts for numerous companies listed on the stock exchange, and the group’s private M&A work focuses on providing strategic advice to private equity investors in Austria and CEE. A standout feature of the practice is its Brazilian desk, which is led by Heinrich Foglar-Deinhardstein. Albert Birkner, who is ‘one of the leading M&A and corporate lawyers in Austria‘, Clemens Hasenauer, who is praised for his ‘outstanding legal knowledge and ability as well as negotiation skills‘ and Thomas Trettnak jointly lead the practice.
The team at Cerha Hempel has strength in assisting national and international clients with pre-insolvency debt collection and acts for clients including Johnson Controls, BDO Group and Whirlpool Corporation. Other work undertaken by the practice includes advising the shareholders of distressed or insolvent companies, and representing clients in insolvency proceedings. Practice head Thomas Trettnak and senior associate Christoph Reiter, who focuses on corporate and commercial distressed M&A, are recommended for ‘trying to understand the holistic situation‘ and then ‘adapt their advice to the specific situation described‘. Another key name to note is Heinrich Foglar-Deinhardstein.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution: white-collar crime (including fraud)
- Administrative law and public sector
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: arbitration and mediation
- Dispute resolution: commercial litigation
- EU and competition
- Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Private client
- Projects and energy
- Real estate
- Public procurement
- Intellectual property