CERHA HEMPEL Gerginov > Sofia, Bulgaria > Firm Profile
CERHA HEMPEL Gerginov Offices
25 PETER PARCHEVICH
CERHA HEMPEL Gerginov > The Legal 500 RankingsCERHA HEMPEL Gerginov‘s caseload includes national and cross-border financings and facility arrangements, as well as the finance aspects of restructuring and M&A matters. The team is led by managing partner Boyko Gerginov, who has a strong focus on the IT sector. Barclays, The Walt Disney Company and Samsung are among the practice’s most notable clients. Senior associate Kalin Bonev and associate Polina Westerhoven are key members of the practice.
Mirova Eurofideme IV
The Walt Disney Company
Knightsbridge Global Limited
Barclaycard International Payments Limited
- Advising Barclays regarding an analysis of their structure providing merchant acquiring, the renting of payment terminals and provision of payment gateway services.
- Advised Mirova Eurofideme IV regarding the equity financing for the acquisition of operating photovoltaic power plants.
- Advised The Walt Disney Company in relation to the expansion of a commercial card agreement with Citibank.
Bulgaria > TMT Tier 3CERHA HEMPEL Gerginov advises technology companies, including Samsung Bulgaria, Telenor Common Operation and Hewlett Packard Enterprise, among others, on M&A transactions and corporate restructurings, as well as compliance and commercial matters. Managing partner Boyko Gerginov, who has a strong focus in the IT sector, leads the practice group and is supported by senior associate Kalin Bonev. The team is praised for ‘going the extra mile’ for its clients.
Other key lawyers:
‘Always available, understanding client’s specifics and going the extra mile in the important moments.’
‘Fantastic support and collaboration.’
Telenor Common Operation
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
- Advised DXC.technology on an insourcing project, as well as on various other projects on an ongoing basis.
- Advising Samsung Bulgaria on an ongoing basis since 2016 with regard to all aspects of corporate and commercial, competition law, compliance matters, product law, insurance law, data protection, employment, consumer protection and general civil law matters.
- Advised Gauselmann Group in relation to the acquisition of a majority stake in Bede Gaming and its Bulgarian subsidiary (Bede Software Bulgaria).
‘Very fast response time and profound expert knowledge.’
‘Very knowledgeable lawyers who take a smart approach, suggesting solutions according to client’s needs.’
Pierer E-Bikes GmbH
Mirova Eurofideme IV
Telenor Common Operation
- Advised Pierer E-Bikes GmbH on the creation of a joint venture with a Maxcom (Bulgarian bicycle manufacturer).
- Advised the Mirova Eurofideme IV in relation to the equity financing for the acquisition of operating photovoltaic power plants including the single largest photovoltaic power plant in Bulgaria.
- Advised Gauselmann Group in relation to the acquisition of a majority stake in Bede Gaming and its Bulgarian subsidiary (Bede Software Bulgaria EOOD).
CERHA HEMPEL Gerginov > Firm Profile
Firm overview: CERHA HEMPEL is one of the leading corporate law firms in Central and Eastern Europe with its headquarters in Vienna. With a team of over 200 lawyers, the firm guarantees its clients experience and expertise in all areas of corporate and commercial law, both in Austria and Central and Eastern Europe.
CERHA HEMPEL is proud to be able to look back on a very successful history. Over the past 25 years, CERHA HEMPEL has been involved in a large number of the most significant transactions in Austria. The fact that the firm understands its clients’ businesses has helped CERHA HEMPEL achieve a high rate of success. It is no coincidence that CERHA HEMPEL is the first port of call for a number of long-term clients whom the firm advises comprehensively on all of their day-to-day legal matters. This expertise – combined with the firm’s years of experience in Central and Eastern Europe and its Lex Mundi network – ensures that its clients receive high-quality and sound advice, across disciplines and across borders.
Bulgaria: CERHA HEMPEL’s motivated and multilingual Sofia team provides a full range of legal services in all areas of corporate and commercial law, including in relation to mergers & acquisitions, corporate, real estate and construction, banking and finance, competition, regulatory, IT & IP, privacy and employment law. Our focus is on supporting our clients in their corporate decision making process. This means we do not content ourselves with standard solutions, but instead we strive to develop and provide the best possible solutions for every challenge, tailored to each client’s needs. On the one hand, this demands extensive specialist knowledge, motivation and commitment, and on the other, an excellent understanding of our clients’ businesses. Through our organisational structure, which allies our core teams with particular specialists, we are able to manage clients and transactions efficiently and effectively. Bulgaria’s economy and regulatory framework has developed rapidly since the country joined the European Union in 2007. Our team has helped clients successfully navigate the opportunities and challenges in this growing market. With its sound financial sector and a long-term positive outlook, Bulgaria offers investors attractive prospects in an emerging market within the EU.
|Managing Partner in Bulgaria, Mergers & Acquisitions, Corporate, Public Law & European Law, Antitrust & Competition, Private Equity & Venture Capital, Insolvency & Restructuring, Distribution Law||Boyko Gerginovfirstname.lastname@example.org||+359 2 401 09 99|
|Contact person in Vienna, Partner||Thomas Zivnyemail@example.com||+43 1 514 35 0|