Remco Bäcker > BarentsKrans > The Hague, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Lange Voorhout 3
2514 EA The Hague
- Go to...
Remco has worked as a lawyer in project development and public sector practice since 1999, with a special focus on administrative and environmental law. In particular he acts on behalf of property developers, contractors, local and regional authorities, and real estate investors. Remco has a great deal of experience in providing legal assistance for complex projects (including construction projects), supporting his clients from initial planning right through to completion. In addition Remco is frequently involved in environmental law and enforcement disputes between government authorities and industry.
- Lecturer in Administrative Law at the Law Firm School
- Member of the Dutch Association of Construction Lawyers (Vereniging voor Bouwrecht-Advocaten) (VBR-A)
- Member of the Dutch Association of Environmental Lawyers (Vereniging van Milieurecht Advocaten) (VMA)
- Member of the Dutch Association for Administrative Law (Vereniging voor Bestuursrecht) (VAR)
- Member of the real estate association JOR Next Rotterdam (Vastgoedvereniging JOR Next Rotterdam)
BarentsKrans provides administrative and environmental law advice on project development for public and private-sector clients. Team head Nicole Soliana has a niche focus on private law in the public sector, while Remco Bäcker has broad real estate projects experience. The firm also litigates before the administrative courts, up to the Council of State.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Intellectual property: Patents
- Environment and planning
- EU and competition
- Industry focus: retail
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights
- Private equity
- Real estate
- Commercial, corporate and M&A