Martijn van Maanen > BarentsKrans > The Hague, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Lange Voorhout 3
2514 EA The Hague
- Go to...
Martijn van Maanen
Corporate and Commercial Litigation
Martijn van Maanen heads the Corporate Litigation practice group. His practice covers the full spectrum of corporate and commercial disputes, including M&A, antitrust damages, fraud on the market, parent and directors’ liability, and insolvency. Most of his work involves multiple jurisdictions. His international client base includes large corporates, banks and executives. Many US and UK law firms seek him out as litigation counsel for complex disputes.
- Speaker at international symposia about mass damage and cartel damage
- Lecturer for Grotius, Insolad, Kluwer and other professional organisations on directors’ liability and parent liability
BarentsKrans is routinely called upon by clients from a range of sectors to represent them as claimants in compensation proceedings and class actions against global companies. Supreme Court litigator Rieme-Jan Tjittes is a key name to note for commercial disputes involving contracts, and private enforcement expert Martijn van Maanen focuses on M&A, fraud, insolvency and directors’ liability mandates. William Schonewille acts for investors and consumers in initiating class actions, while Philip Fruytier, a Supreme Court practitioner, represents real estate developers, investors, insurance companies and international organisations in various areas of the law. Roeland De Mol, Annelies van der Ploeg and Marjolein van Rest are also key contacts in the dispute resolution team.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Intellectual property: Patents
- Environment and planning
- EU and competition
- Industry focus: retail
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights
- Private equity
- Real estate
- Commercial, corporate and M&A