Mrs Marleen Van Den Horst > BarentsKrans > The Hague, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Attn. Suzanne Pennington de Jongh
Lange Voorhout 3
2514 EA The Hague
- Go to...
Mrs Marleen Van Den Horst
Marleen van den Horst is partner in the IP and Technology practice group and heads the industry group Healthcare and Life Sciences. Marleen has more than 25 years of experience in conducting complex, cross-border proceedings on intellectual property. Specialised in patent law, she handles cases involving mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, chemistry and life sciences. From ship shutters, electronic Braille cells, floating solar panels, telecoms UMTS and LTE standard essential patents , machines for the manufacture of PVC-O pipes to medical equipment and pharmaceuticals. Marleen has achieved international recognition in the field of Life Sciences. In recent years, she has litigated and advised on patent and administrative litigation concerning, among other things, drugs whose active ingredients are ciclosporin, (es)omeprazole alendronate, escitalopram, modafinil, tramadol/paracetamol, glatiramer acetate, trastuzumab, zoledronate, rivastigmine, lenalidomide, ezetimibe+simvastatin, dasatinib, pemetrexed and sitagliptin as well as on CRISPR-Cas9 technology. Aside from litigation, Marleen also assists clients in negotiating and drawing up licences, technology transfers and distribution and cooperation agreements.
- Marleen is a board member of the NeoKidney Foundation for the realisation of a wearable artificial kidney. She provides pro bono advice on patent and other legal issues.
- Marleen is a member of several professional organisations and trade associations, such as EPLAW, AIPPI, LES, VF&R and VIEPA.
- She is frequently asked as a speaker at international conferences, such as ERA’s annual EU Pharmaceutical law Conference, Fordham University’s annual IP Conference, World IP Forum, LESI and EPLAW.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The health care and life sciences industry group at BarentsKrans offers clients ‘dedication combined with exceptional knowledge of the field’. The Hague-based practice focuses on regulatory, transactional and IP issues, including disputes and litigation. It acts for a range of companies, from smaller domestic clients to global pharmaceutical firms, and also as local counsel to foreign law firms. Marleen Van Den Horst heads the team and has notable experience in contentious and non-contentious patent, regulatory and product liability matters. Jaap Bremer is recommended for patent and trade mark litigation.
BarentsKrans covers a full range of contentious and non-contentious trade mark, copyright and design right matters, complemented by expertise in advertising, unfair competition and anti-counterfeiting actions. Jaap Bremer heads the IP and technology practice and is considered a ‘top expert in software related IP matters‘, and IP and technology specialist Marleen Van Den Horst litigates multi-jurisdictional IP cases in addition to assisting clients in negotiating and drafting IP agreements. The firm is a partner with the start-up/spin off initiative Yes!Delft of Delft University and is also a member of Pro Bono Connect.
- Leading individuals - Netherlands > Intellectual property: Patents
- Leading individuals - Netherlands > Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences - Netherlands
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights - Netherlands
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Environment and planning
- EU and competition
- Intellectual property: Patents
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights
- Private equity
- Real estate
- Commercial, corporate and M&a