Frédéric Bétrisey > Bär & Karrer Ltd. > Geneva, Switzerland > Lawyer Profile
Bär & Karrer Ltd. Offices
12 QUAI DE LA POSTE
1211 GENÈVE 11
- Go to...
Banking, Insurance & Finance
Frédéric Bétrisey has a long standing practice in banking and finance. He advises banks and borrowers on all types of banking and finance transactions, including trade and commodity finance, acquisition finance, equipment financing, financial lease and syndicated lending. He also advises financial institutions on a variety of regulatory aspects and assists financial intermediaries in connection with their securities lending and derivative transactions, with a particular focus on the legal issues and documentation relating to netting arrangements and the issuance and distribution of collective investment schemes and structured products.
In recent years, Frédéric Bétrisey has also assisted originators, arrangers and trustees in connection with the securitisation of Swiss law receivables, in particular in respect of residential mortgages (RMBS transactions), consumer credits and leasing agreements.
Frédéric Bétrisey is a visiting lecturer at the University of Fribourg, where he gives a course on acquisition financing, and at the Swiss Training Centre for Investment Professionals (AZEK), in Geneva.
- Partner of Bär & Karrer (since 2018)
- Partner of a Geneva law firm (2006-2018)
- Associate at a Geneva law firm (1999-2000 and 2002-2006)
- Foreign associate at Baker McKenzie, London (2001)
- Inhouse counsel at the Swiss Federal Banking Commission (1997-1999)
- Admitted to the Geneva Bar (1996)
- Trainee lawyer at a Geneva law firm (1994-1996)
French, German, English, Italian
- Swiss Bar Association (SAV/FSA)
- Geneva Bar Association (OdA)
- Geneva Business Law Association (AGDA)
- University of Geneva: lic. iur (1994)
- University of Geneva: lic. sc. pol. (1994)
Bär & Karrer Ltd. has a strong core competence in dispute resolution where Saverio Lembo, Alexandra Johnson, Aurélie Conrad Hari and Pierre-Yves Gunter are the key practitioners and Andrew Garbarski is noted for his support in investigations and white-collar criminal law. Frédéric Bétrisey, Cédric Chapuis and Martin Anderson are the key individuals handling banking and finance transactions, regulatory matters for banks and financial institutions as well as international M&A transactions.
Bär & Karrer Ltd. demonstrates strength in acting for both issuers and lead managers on IPOs as well as on the issuance of bonds and notes. Other areas of expertise are equity-linked and regulatory capital instruments, private placements and recapitalisation programmes. The practice is regularly active in the banking, insurance, industrials, technology, healthcare & life sciences as well as the real estate sectors. Rolf Watter and Ralph Malacrida both have considerable experience in capital market transactions. Urs Kägi is well versed in capital increases, IPOs, new listings, and dual listings. Other prominent practitioners are Lukas Roesler, Dieter Dubs and Frédéric Bétrisey.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Zurich
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Leading firms: German-speaking Switzerland
- Leading firms: Italian-speaking Switzerland
- Private client
- Public law
- Real estate and construction
- Regulatory, compliance and investigations
- Sports law