Cédric Chapuis > Bär & Karrer Ltd. > Geneva, Switzerland > Lawyer Profile
Bär & Karrer Ltd. Offices
12 QUAI DE LA POSTE
1211 GENÈVE 11
- Go to...
Cédric Chapuis heads Bär & Karrer’s financial services team in our Geneva office. His practice focuses on advising banks and other financial institutions in regulatory, compliance and general business matters. In addition, he regularly advises Swiss and foreign clients in a variety of industries on domestic and international transactions, as well as general corporate and governance matters. He has served on the board of directors of Swiss companies in various industries and is currently a member of the board of several banks.
In recent years, Cédric Chapuis has advised a number of financial institutions in connection with internal investigations on cross-border issues and has represented them before the U.S. Department of Justice.
Who’s Who Legal lists Cédric Chapuis in Banking (Finance and Regulatory) and in Corporate: Merger & Acquisition. Legal 500 points out his expertise in regulatory matters.
- Partner of Bär & Karrer (since 2001)
- Foreign associate with Wilmer, Cutler and Pickering (now WilmerHale) in Washington D.C. (1999)
- Associate at Bär & Karrer (1995)
- Admitted to the Geneva Bar (1995)
English, French, German
- Swiss Bar Association (SAV/FSA)
- Geneva Bar Association (OdA)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- University of Chicago Law School: LL.M. (1997)
- University of Basel: Dr. iur. (1992)
- University of Basel: lic. iur. (1989)
Bär & Karrer Ltd. advises Swiss banks, the Swiss affiliates of foreign banks and a variety of other financial institutions on all types of contractual, regulatory and compliance matters as well as on civil, criminal and enforcement proceedings. The practice is well-known for its acquisition finance strength, in particular for private equity borrowers, and has further experience in complex structured derivatives transactions and fintech projects. The ‘super responsive‘ team is headed by the ‘highly knowledgeable‘ Cédric Chapuis and and includes other key members Martin Anderson and Andrew Garbarski.
Bär & Karrer Ltd. has a strong core competence in dispute resolution where Saverio Lembo, Alexandra Johnson, Aurélie Conrad Hari and Pierre-Yves Gunter are the key practitioners and Andrew Garbarski is noted for his support in investigations and white-collar criminal law. Frédéric Bétrisey, Cédric Chapuis and Martin Anderson are the key individuals handling banking and finance transactions, regulatory matters for banks and financial institutions as well as international M&A transactions.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Zurich
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Leading firms: German-speaking Switzerland
- Leading firms: Italian-speaking Switzerland
- Private client
- Public law
- Real estate and construction
- Regulatory, compliance and investigations
- Sports law