Dr Ralph Malacrida > Bär & Karrer Ltd. > Zurich, Switzerland > Lawyer Profile
Bär & Karrer Ltd. Offices
- Go to...
Dr Ralph Malacrida
Ralph Malacrida specializes in M&A and corporate finance transactions, including venture capital transactions, structured and acquisition finance as well as capital markets. He has extensive experience in complex corporate restructurings. Ralph Malacrida is co-head of the M&A practice and heads the Finance practice.
He has a strong track record advising clients on domestic and international M&A and finance transactions, successfully executing deals for sellers, buyers, finance providers, borrowers and issuers.
Ralph Malacrida is a member of the board of directors of several Swiss companies. He is ranked as a leading lawyer in IFLR 1000, Legal 500, Chambers Europe and Chambers Global.
- Member of the Management Board of Bär & Karrer (2006-2011)
- Partner of Bär & Karrer (since 2000)
- Co-head of former London Office (1999-2002)
- Associate at Bär & Karrer (1995)
- Law Clerk at the District Court of Zurich (1992-1993)
- Teaching and Research Assistant at the University of Zurich (1990-1991)
- Swiss Bar Association (SAV/FSA)
- Zurich Bar Association (ZAV)
- Recognized Representative for the Listing of Securities at the SIX Swiss Exchange
- The Law Society, London (affiliate status)
- The Association for Financial Markets in Europe (AFME)
- University of Pennsylvania (Law School/Wharton Business School): LL.M. (1995)
- Admitted to the Zurich Bar (1994)
- University of Zurich: Dr. iur. (1992)
- University of Zurich: lic.iur. (1989)
Bär & Karrer Ltd. advises on all types of real estate transactions, including capital market transactions such as initial public offerings and capital increases. A further speciality of the practice are restructurings of real estate holdings, in particular with regard to tax-neutrality and tax-efficiency. The versatile practice head Corrado Rampini acts for both lenders and borrowers in financings of real estate portfolios in addition to shouldering a hefty transactional caseload. Ralph Malacrida, Lukas Roesler and Daniel Bader are the key contacts in the Zurich office for M&A and corporate finance transactions, banking and finance as well as tax issues related to real estate matters. In Lugano, banking law specialist Massimo Vanotti is the key contact.
Bär & Karrer Ltd. demonstrates strength in acting for both issuers and lead managers on IPOs as well as on the issuance of bonds and notes. Other areas of expertise are equity-linked and regulatory capital instruments, private placements and recapitalisation programmes. The practice is regularly active in the banking, insurance, industrials, technology, healthcare & life sciences as well as the real estate sectors. Rolf Watter and Ralph Malacrida both have considerable experience in capital market transactions. Urs Kägi is well versed in capital increases, IPOs, new listings, and dual listings. Other prominent practitioners are Lukas Roesler, Dieter Dubs and Frédéric Bétrisey.
Bär & Karrer Ltd. is well respected for its full-service offering across the board with banking, capital markets and insurance as well as corporate, M&A, real estate and dispute resolution particular strengths. Christoph Neeracher, Mariel Hoch, Rolf Watter, Ralph Malacrida, Corrado Rampini and Susanne Schreiber cover all facets of M&A transactions, including venture capital and real estate transactions as well as the corresponding tax aspects. Banking, finance and insurance issues are handles by Peter Hsu and Eric Stupp. Private client specialist Tina Wüstemann and litigation and arbitration expert Andreas Länzlinger are also noted. Daniel Bader has profound knowledge of tax matters while Michele Bernasconi is a sports law specialist.
Bär & Karrer Ltd.‘s strong banking and finance practice is regularly sought after by major Swiss banks, Swiss affiliates of foreign banks and financial institutions. The team is active in the regulatory space, where it advises clients on the establishment of operations, fintech, regulatory enforcement proceedings, and US investigations. Furthermore, the practice has also expertise in representing lenders and borrowers in debt financings, leveraged and syndicated deals, as well as acquisition, real estate, and project finance, among others. The prominent practitioners are Eric Stupp, Ralph Malacrida, Peter Hsu, Andreas Länzlinger, and Daniel Flühmann.
- Banking and finance: Zurich - Switzerland
- Hall of Fame - Switzerland > Capital markets
- Leading firms: German-speaking Switzerland - Switzerland
- Real estate and construction - Switzerland
- Capital markets - Switzerland
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Zurich
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Leading firms: German-speaking Switzerland
- Leading firms: Italian-speaking Switzerland
- Private client
- Public law
- Real estate and construction
- Regulatory, compliance and investigations
- Sports law